We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi Airport Help! :-(

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Turks & Caicos...
reviews: 16
Nairobi Airport Help! :-(

Hi Everyone:

We are overnighting in Nairobi for one evening on our way to Rwanda. We arrive after 10:00 pm and leave at 9:00 a.m. the following morning.

I've read some of the previous posts on the Panari (sounds horrific!) and Safari Park (expensive for just a few hours rest between flights). I really just want to get off the plane and sleep a few hours. What do the local experts advise for the few hours we'll need to just dump our bags? I really don't want to spend a few hundred dollars, but then again I don't want to be attacked by front desk staff (Panari) lol!! Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Cheers!

London, United...
reviews: 13
1. Re: Nairobi Airport Help! :-(

Have a look at the mid range hotels -Fairview, Oakwood,Panafric,Meridian and Kenya Comfort Hotel are all possibilities to look at . I've always found "The Rough Guide To Kenya" an excellent guide to give a helping hand

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
2. Re: Nairobi Airport Help! :-(

10pm to 7am hardly seems worth going to a Hotel!!

See my reply to another post on the same subject just now!!

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
3. Re: Nairobi Airport Help! :-(

Attacked by front desk staff, huh? Where did you read that? Link, please?

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
4. Re: Nairobi Airport Help! :-(

If you arrive after 10pm, by the time you are through and have your bags, it could be 11pm (or later if there are other flights arriving at the same time or the baggage is slow for any reason). Then you'd need a taxi to a hotel, so the nearer you are to the Airport the better.

In the morning you need to be back by 7am latest - I don't know how early the traffic jams start in Nairobi - so it is sensible to be near to the Airport rather than in the City. Panari is the nearest, as far as I know. It was out of my price range, so I stayed at the Bounty.

I am flying out tomorrow and hope to look for the Sleep 'n' Shower at JKIA if I have time. I'll then put a new post as soon as I am able - maybe not till next week.

Meanwhile, if you click on my name, you can look for other posts on this subject where I have had some input.

I hope this helps.

Ann

London, United...
5. Re: Nairobi Airport Help! :-(

Hi traffic jams in NBO start anywhere btween 6.30 & &am

London, United...
6. Re: Nairobi Airport Help! :-(

Oops should've said 6.30 & 7am

Edmonton, Canada
7. Re: Nairobi Airport Help! :-(

Look into the Hotel Boulevard, it's been a couple years but I only paid about $120 US for a night. the hotel is quite comfortable for a few hours sleep. Maybe 15 mins away from the airport.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
8. Re: Nairobi Airport Help! :-(

I put a new post just now!!

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
9. Re: Nairobi Airport Help! :-(

I've now posted Manager's phone for Nbi Airport Sleep n Shower. See my post for all who have asked this question!! +254 733 886025

10. Re: Nairobi Airport Help! :-(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, September 14, 2009