We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers and hotels

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
reviews: 9
Airport transfers and hotels

Hi all,

Looking for recommendations/advise please?

In September next year I will be landing at JKA on the BA flight that lands at 8.45pm. I then will stay in Nairobi overnight and then the next morning I am catching a flight from Wilson to Samburu.

I would ideally like to book the hotel and transfers before I leave the UK.

Can anyone recommend either a hotel that had transfer buses that will enable me to do the above transfers or a company that I can book with from the UK for the transfers?

Thanks

nyc
1. Re: Airport transfers and hotels

Who's booking your flight from Wilson to Samburu?

A tour operator? If so, they can arrange transfers from JKIA to, book a hotel and transfer next morning to Wilson.

If a solo traveler w/o a tour operator, you can book your own hotel, check whether they have an airport shuttle. If they do, then hotel will handle transfer from JKIA. Next morning you can take a taxi to Wilson

UK
reviews: 31
2. Re: Airport transfers and hotels

Hi

We have travelled same itinerary as you are doing on a few occasions and we always stay at the Serena Hotel in Nairobi. It is a superb hotel and very helpful. They can arrange your taxi for you to Wilson.

IIRC, the Samburu flight was around 09.30hrs and it takes just over 1 hour. From the Serena to Wilson took us around 20/25 minutes...it is much closer to town than JKA.

Don't recall any hotels that do a regular transfer bus though.

nairobi
3. Re: Airport transfers and hotels

check with a company by name East Africa Shuttles & safaris they offer airport shuttle transfers even for Geckos clients. check them on www.eastafricashuttles.com

good luck

4. Re: Airport transfers and hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:34 am, September 14, 2009