We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights in Nairobi following safari

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Cruz...
reviews: 5
Two nights in Nairobi following safari

Following travels through Tanzania next Aug/Sept 08, we will be flying out of Nairobi to London (BA flight at 11:30 p.m.) and will have either one or two nights there. Would love suggestions other than animal visits, as we will have spent 12 nights on safari. I'm sure we'll probably visit the Elephant Orphanage, but would love to hear other ideas for cultural things to do, or maybe we should only stay one night. Thanks.

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
1. Re: Two nights in Nairobi following safari

Here's a previous thread with some suggestions of things to do in Nairobi:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294207-i9695-k478…

Also check out this NY Times article entitled "36 Hours in Nairobi":

…nytimes.com/2007/03/18/travel/18hours.1.html

Kenya
reviews: 1
2. Re: Two nights in Nairobi following safari

Hi,

Consider Giraffe Centre, Nairobi Safari Walk, Karen Blixen Museum, Bomas of Kenya National Museum, Lunch or Dinner at Carnivore, Shopping Malls. This will pretty much take up a whole day for you in Nairobi also considering the traffic situation these days in Nairobi. Depending on the day of the week you can also visit the Masai Markets on particular days that take palce at a few malls in the city.

Cheers..

Kenya
reviews: 1
3. Re: Two nights in Nairobi following safari

Hi,

Consider Giraffe Centre, Nairobi Safari Walk, Karen Blixen Museum, Bomas of Kenya National Museum, Lunch or Dinner at Carnivore, Shopping Malls. This will pretty much take up a whole day for you in Nairobi also considering the traffic situation these days in Nairobi. Depending on the day of the week you can also visit the Masai Markets on particular days that take palce at a few malls in the city. The David Sheldrick Elephant Sanctuary is also very good (1100 to 1200 Hrs only daily) but unfortunately entry fees by the Kenya Wildlife Service have been levied and are US$ 40.00 per person in addition to the minimal amount you pay at the orphanage.

Cheers..

Northern California
reviews: 56
4. Re: Two nights in Nairobi following safari

Slightly off point -- but if you like curry and want a wonderful dinner, I recommend Haandi. I have eaten there twice -- in 2004 and 2006. Other than that, I would keep my time in Nairobi to a minimum.

5. Re: Two nights in Nairobi following safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 13, 2009