We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one night in Nairobi...hotel help

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Monica...
reviews: 1
one night in Nairobi...hotel help

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a hotel for one night(close to the airport) in Nairobi....we get into Nairobi around 8pm and will be flying out the following morning around 9:30am. My tour company has booked the Norfolk Hotel....but most of the reviews on TV are not good for this place....

Thanks,

Western Cape, South...
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 40
1. Re: one night in Nairobi...hotel help

Safari Park is close enough to the airport - and won't involve the morning traffic rush hour in downtown Nairobi. Based on your schedule, I suggest it. And - it should be cheaper for you than the Norfolk!

Brussels, Belgium
2. Re: one night in Nairobi...hotel help

hi,

i agree with dave,we always stay at the safari park hotel and it is fantastic,we've stayed there about 15 times now,there are a few pics on our blog and you can also do the nyama choma (game meat bbq ) with a show thrown in which is excellent for about $17 each.

chk it out

agy

blog is www.anadventureinafrica.com

africa
3. Re: one night in Nairobi...hotel help

Hi..

The closest is Fairview which is reasonablly cheaper han Norfolk and also there is a nice hotel next to it called the Country Lodge which is a quaint Hotel and it is nearer the airport.

Panari is vey classy and this is 20 mins from the Airport also..

Dartford, United...
reviews: 26
4. Re: one night in Nairobi...hotel help

I go with Dave and Agy, we stayed for the first time at the Safari Park Hotel in July and were really impressed wth it. Unfortunately, we didn't get to enjoy it as much as we would have liked on the nights' stay either side of our safari due to late arrivals and early departures. However, we're back there again in Dec/Jan and again in March so, hopefully, will make more of the time we have there. Still don't think we'll have chance to sample the Nyama Choma though, but one day.

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
5. Re: one night in Nairobi...hotel help

Will you be flying out from NBO or Wilson the following morning?

Santa Monica...
6. Re: one night in Nairobi...hotel help

We are flying out of NBO the following morning at 7:30am....which is why I want to be close to the airport....

nyc
7. Re: one night in Nairobi...hotel help

Close to Wilson would be in the suburb of Karen, but most places here are expensive.

However, as you have to be at Wilson in time for a 7:30am flight, meaning departing hotel very early... little traffic so you can well stay in NBO proper.

The Safari Park, Intercontinental, Fairview, Hilton, New Stanley are fine. Go with whomever provides the the best price. You just need a place to sleep with clean linens and hot water.

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
8. Re: one night in Nairobi...hotel help

Since you're flying both into and out of NBO, consider the Panari which is very close by.

Santa Monica...
9. Re: one night in Nairobi...hotel help

Thanks to all for the info....the help is very much appreciated. My tour operator has been less than forth coming on other hotels...so I guess I will just book it myself.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Brenda

10. Re: one night in Nairobi...hotel help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:59 pm, October 20, 2007