We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CO USA
Safari

Hello, we are traveling to nairobi in early Dec and would like to see a 6/7 day safari.

Any opionons as to whether a lodge or camping one would be bettter?

Any reliable company recommendations that are reasonably priced?

Thanks

WL

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 47
1. Re: Safari

Wildlife Safari is my recommendation - you can see their site at:

www.wildlife-safari.com. They have a great special in November listed on their site under Specials - and if they could do it for you in December, even at a little higher price, you would be in good lodges with good guides. Their California office can be called directly at 800-221-8118. Tom Fernandes, the owner, and his staff are friends of ours for the past 20 years.

Calgary, Canada
2. Re: Safari

if you are into "roughing" it a bit (camping style at a good price) and like to truly experience what it is like to live in Africa and have a safari experience at the same time, GAP Adventures is a good company to plan a safari with.

www.gapadventures.com.

I did a 9 day safari with them in Feb. 07 and we were fortunate to have an entire group that got along well, so needless to say it was an awesome tour.

Cheers,

Georgina.

If going, be sure to take some basic school suppies (pens, pencils, etc) as the children cannot afford these luxuries. They will be more than appreciative.

3. Re: Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:29 am, March 02, 2009
africa
4. Re: Safari

Hi.

How are you. It depends on what you are looking for and what you would like to do.

I would recommend tigelupae.com who specialize in all sorts of safaris and community work.

Camping especially tented camps are good.

If you would like a itinenary on what your options are,I would happy to send you one.

Thanks

Sempe

CO USA
5. Re: Safari

Thanks I am probably looking for a cmaping/lodge combo or a more upscale camp experience but I'm trying to keep the price as low as possible. Thanks for all the suggestions!

6. Re: Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 12, 2009