We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to book safari directly in Nairoby - is it really better?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moscow, Russia
reviews: 1
to book safari directly in Nairoby - is it really better?

Hello,

I`m going to Kenya in February. Some people advise me to book the safari not now from Moscow but after arrival to Nairobi. They say the price will undoubtedly better if I do this way. People say furthermore that I could bargain on price in Nairobi, whereas it is difficult to do it per e-mail.

What do you think about the matter? Has anybody such an experience?

Thanks

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 13
1. Re: to book safari directly in Nairoby - is it really better?

If you want a particular lodge on a particular date then I would advise you to book in advance with one of the many recommended companies on TA. If you don't mind when and where you go then its OK to leave it.

Why not haggle via e-mail? Always worth asking for a discount.

Nairobi
2. Re: to book safari directly in Nairoby - is it really better?

Now...

Feb is first of all pretty busy and therefore a chance of getting good accomodation you desire maybe a challenge. Also if you are to get a bargain you will get it on email just as you would if you were there.

If you want to have a great time then spend time online and book you travel while at home and get all the confirmation otherwise you could end up getting yourself in some very awkward accomodation as the TA s will only sell you what is available.

Am sure you dont want to fly in all the way and then get a very very raw deal just book online. You can always find the lodges online and book directly or through the TAs.

Great time as you plan to travel kenya we say Karibu for welcome.

3. Re: to book safari directly in Nairoby - is it really better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:29 am, March 02, 2009
cheshire
reviews: 25
4. Re: to book safari directly in Nairoby - is it really better?

Hi, I live in England and had the same worry but i couldnt afford to pre book here so i did research and got it down to 3 Nairobi based safari tour operators who all offered similar tours at very low prices. I then contacted the tourist board to validate these tour operators and they say they are all well established.

So i question is will it all turn out OK? i go on 12th November and can only tell you after then!!! I have booked with www.primetime.co.ke and a 7 day safari in lodge accommodation has cost me £470 each FULL BOARD!

if you want to update you when i return i am more than happy to, if it all goes to plan i will have saved myself over £1000 with the same quality accommodation etc as a saafri booked in this country!...wish me luck!

katie

Brussels, Belgium
5. Re: to book safari directly in Nairoby - is it really better?

hi maz,

contact george at www.steenboksafaris.com in nairobi, he is very competitive and email is steenboksafaris@gmail.com

agy

Nairobi,Kenya
6. Re: to book safari directly in Nairoby - is it really better?

Whichever way you choose, all will work out well. Infact there is so much touting at the airport and you might get it very cheap but the service will not be the best. Why cant you get referral from other travellers or get a local friend to advise you.

Regards

W

africa
7. Re: to book safari directly in Nairoby - is it really better?

I would advise you to book from whereever you are and see what they offer you.There are alot of tour operators who will give you different advise.

get in touch with with yiassi@tigelupae.com who is may assist you..

thanks..

8. Re: to book safari directly in Nairoby - is it really better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, September 11, 2009