We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info wanted

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Info wanted

I'm a Malaysian and plan to visit Nairobi somewhere in late October. I need to know, can i apply the visa on arrival or do I have to apply before one week prior to my actual travel date?

Could you please advise me the cost of living on kenya (i.e cost an apple, a can of coke, a loaf of Bread or any vegetarian food cost), average taxi cost, internet charges and laundry cost.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 10
1. Re: Info wanted

If you have your necessary passport, immunization, and form that the airline attendants give you to complete to show the officials when you arrive at the airport, then getting a visa then shall be no problem--that is what I did.

The cost of living (ie: food) will be dependant upon your eating style.......one can affordably manage to eat on a maximum of $20 USD per day if you are not one to have to eat lavish meals every day. If you are wanting to eat expensive type meals ( much alcohol, seafood, much beef/chicken) then you will pay somewhat more. Overall the cost of eating is quite reasonable.

Internet fees vary somewhat dependant upon where you are in Nairobi, but usually the cost is about $3-5USD per hour.

If you are staying at a hotel, then you can usually pay the front desk or a room keeper a fee to do your laundry. Don't know the exact cost, but again, quite reasonable.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,

Georgina

2. Re: Info wanted

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, September 10, 2009