We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed - Organising a party in Nairobif rom the UK!

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire, England
reviews: 4
Advice needed - Organising a party in Nairobif rom the UK!

My best friend emigrated to Kenya last year and is getting married in Nairobi in June 2008. Although I live in the UK, I would like to organise something really special for her and the small number of her friends who will be able to get over to help her celebrate.

We are not looking for a tacky/traditional hen night, just something special for us to spend time together. At the moment I am thinking about a picnic in Nairobi National Park, followed by a meal and dancing somewhere. but I would really value any ideas, suggestions for activities and venues from all you experts as I have never been to Nairobi before and not really sure where to start!!!!

I also wondered whether there were any local traditions etc we could include in the day as her life is very much in Kenya now

Thanks in advance

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
reviews: 43
1. Re: Advice needed - Organising a party in Nairobif rom the UK!

it is a great idea, but before you start organising is she getting married to a Kenyan, then it should be organised as per the tradition of his people or is she getting married to a foreigner, there are lots of nice places where you could have the Party.

Is the marriage in the Registrars Office, in a church or a registras marriage outside the office. Also here it is depending how the marriage takes place, to be in the simlar place as per the dresscode.

maybe you send me a mail. slofty@web.de

2. Re: Advice needed - Organising a party in Nairobif rom the UK!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 09, 2009