We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Flight to Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dartford, United...
reviews: 27
Virgin Flight to Nairobi

Have any of you fellow TA's out there taken the Virgin flight to Nairobi? I normally fly BA or Kenya but, while the flight prices were good for BA on Friday, I now see that they have jumped a bit, leaving Virgin as the cheapest

I've heard that the seats are a bit cramped but if anyone's made the trip with them, or better still, is able to compare them with the other airlines, I'd be really interested in hearing your views.

Thanks for your help.

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Virgin Flight to Nairobi

Going on the 10th September - will be able to provide some feedback then. You could look at seatguru.com which compares seats etc with leg room and seat width,

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 13
2. Re: Virgin Flight to Nairobi

Not to Kenya but I had to "slum it " with them to South Africa and it was a bit cramped but the service was very good!!!!!

Portsmouth, United...
reviews: 30
3. Re: Virgin Flight to Nairobi

we are flying to Nairobi with Virgin on the 17th December and then on to Tanzania ,our last trip to East Africa was with Kenyan airways and the flight was ok .i think the seat pitch was 32"

we no longer fly B.A. if we can help it , lost our bags once to often and we found we were often delayed .and the service was just ok.

we have flown Virgin 18 times to the caribbean and also to the states and have always found them to be great , the inflight service is really good we have not found a better airline .

i believe the seat pitch is 31"which i think is the same as B.A.,we have upgraded to

Premium Economy which has a pitch of 38" .we have used frequent flyers miles so it is a bonus for us this year.

a handy wesite is

http://www.uk-air.net/index.html

for checking airline seat pitch.

not sure when you are travelling ,however Virgin did have a deal in the The Sunday Mail last week . good luck

rkaty

Dartford, United...
4. Re: Virgin Flight to Nairobi

Thanks guys. Checked the seat pitches, etc, and they seem to be the same with both BA and Virgin so nothing to separate them there. The only thing that put me off Virgin was that they only flew out in the evening, but that just means that I'll have to go the day before and have extra time in my Nairobi hotel with a few Tuskers thrown in, but I'll have to suffer that!!!!

Suppose I'd better get booking!

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
5. Re: Virgin Flight to Nairobi

We have a visiting group coming on 17th. Half are using Virgin and half Kenya Airways. That should give a good comparison!!

Dartford, United...
6. Re: Virgin Flight to Nairobi

Thanks! Just come on to the PC to book with Virgin so in about 10 minutes I will be committed - which Is just what my husband thinks I should be for wanting to come back again, and again, and again.....!

7. Re: Virgin Flight to Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, September 09, 2009