We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nts Mara/2 Samburu

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dubaiz
2 nts Mara/2 Samburu

I am planning a fly-in trip, 2 nts in Samburu and 2 nts in Masai Mara. I have a reasonable quote from 'africapoint.com but havent seen them mentioned in the forums - has anyone used them?

Mombasa, Kenya
1. Re: 2 nts Mara/2 Samburu

Hi Dubaiz,

Safari companies do not actually own the aircraft and the lodge. They all basically use the same airline to Mara/Samburu and go to same lodges/camps. As soon as you confirm and if in doubt write to the lodge/airline and check if your booking is there. However it may not be under the name of the company booked through but at least you know your are booked.

Safarimankenya.

Bize-Minervois...
reviews: 42
2. Re: 2 nts Mara/2 Samburu

You dont say when you are going but I can recommend Somak ask for their taylor-made department

Nairobi
3. Re: 2 nts Mara/2 Samburu

Yeah I wonder when you are traveling however I would also recommend you try the lodges directly like Serena Hotels (www.serenahotels.com ) and then you can book the airflight directly at www.airkenya.com.

Alternatively talk to one of the tour operators like Somak, Kuoni or private safaris.

If I were you I could first check with the lodge directly coz they will then be able to organise and recommend the other activities coz am sure you don't go there to sleep in the lodge but to see the animals and so you have to be careful about the vehicles been used for the game drives and the other add ons like night game drives, hippo pool breakfast and bush dinners etc.

Kind regards,

Basel, Switzerland
reviews: 99
4. Re: 2 nts Mara/2 Samburu

hi certainly book through one of the local operators but really make sure you know what you are getting I used African Quest recently and was really unhappy. They fobbed me off with a bad lodge and miles away from what I wanted to see - the wildebeest migration - so examine everything offered in detail.

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
5. Re: 2 nts Mara/2 Samburu

rackiec,

Could you expand on your comments? Were you confirmed to stay somewhere other than where you ended up staying? If so, where to where? Did you have any other issues aside from the location?

ireland
reviews: 16
6. Re: 2 nts Mara/2 Samburu

Hiya, have a look at heritage-eastafrica.com, they own the Intrepid group of camps, plus the Mara Explorer and the Voyager in Mombasa. We are travelling next year and have booked directly with Heritage and they organised the flights for us too. They made it so simple for us, plus the location of the Mara camp is very good.

Basel, Switzerland
reviews: 99
7. Re: 2 nts Mara/2 Samburu

Hi basically despite my stated objectives I didn't get what I asked for. Also after reading about the lodge on tripadvisor and asking about the tracks being closed close to the lodge (Mara Simba) they said 'no problem' and in fact it took a long time to get out to see the game (in fact we saw the same game twice). Let me know if you need more detail!

nyc
8. Re: 2 nts Mara/2 Samburu

Africapoint is a local Nairobi outfitter who is a wholesaler and offers very good prices. Africapoint has also been well received by those who have used them from information found on other message boards.

What lodges or camps is Africapoint offering?

What time of year, as this can have some impact on where you may prefer to stay, especially in the Mara.

As you will be flying, you will be using the guides/vehicles provided by the lodges/camps.

9. Re: 2 nts Mara/2 Samburu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, September 10, 2009