We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
51 posts

Has anyone been to Ruiri in Nairobi. We are going to New Life Home Trust in Nairobi to the orphanage and to the school and centre in Ruiru. Someone told us that as Ruiru is in the mountains - there is no malaria there!! We will be travelling next June. Any advice please?

1 post
1. Re: ruiru

I will be near Ruiru at an orphanage/ rehabilitation center as well.

It's right next to Nairobi and the malaria risk in that whole area (of Kitale, Eldoret, Isiolo, Meru, Nakuru, Murang, Thirka...) is minimal. Antimalarial pills are usually not advised.

Level Contributor
211 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: ruiru

No harm in taking the anti - malarial unless you are allergic to it. I would strongly recommend you take the meds - Ruiru is very close to Nairobi.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: ruiru

I certainly would not risk taking Anti-malalrial in Kenya,

4. Re: ruiru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 13, 2009