We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nairobi hotel near airport

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bristol, UK
reviews: 44
nairobi hotel near airport

Hi everyone,

Wife and I going on safari then to Pinewood for a few days. We need a hotel in Nairobi but we won't get there until late and have to be up next morning early as our Virgin flight leaves around 7.30 am. Thus would like somewhere reasonably close to airport, anyone any suggestions?

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
1. Re: nairobi hotel near airport

I had a similar problem. I arrived in the evening and had a plane the next morning at 8am. There is an expensive hotel near to the Airport (Panari?), but friends found me the Bounty Hotel, which was 3000/- single B and B and 600/- for the taxi. They gave me a huge breakfast in the room very early and I was fine. It would have been cheaper to go into the City, but that meant getting up earlier and a more expensive taxi, so it balanced out.

I can look for more info for you. When do you need it?

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
2. Re: nairobi hotel near airport

Sorry, I think the taxi was 800/- not 600/-.

Here is the information from my earlier post.

I wasn't there long enough to find out much about the hotel. My room had a 4'6" bed - double!! Also an instant hot shower and a TV with no remote. I asked for the remote and it didn't work until I changed the batteries round!!!

It seemed to be a hotel used by business people - a secure compound.

The Bounty Hotel, Mukoma Road, South B

PO Box 75200 Nairobi

Tel +254 20 650847 Fax 650858

e-mail thebountyhotel@odysseyhotels.com

The breakfast was brought to my room at 6am. It was a very full cooked breakfast!

B and B was 3000/-

the taxi was Jimcab

info@jimcab.co.ke or reseravtions@jimcab.co.ke

www.jimcab.co.ke

I have found jimcab very reliable on a number of occasions.

Hope this helps.

bristol, UK
3. Re: nairobi hotel near airport

Thanks very much Asifwe for that detailed info. I'm on the case!

Ivor.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
4. Re: nairobi hotel near airport

The Panari is nearer to the Airport, but MUCH more expensive. Look at the Trip Advisor reviews. There is one good one.....

London, United...
reviews: 13
5. Re: nairobi hotel near airport

I'd trust Anne's (Asifiwe) judgement but if you are hsitant try the Panafric

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
6. Re: nairobi hotel near airport

Thanks, Harvey!!

The Panafric is MUCH further, so you have to get up too early. That's why I didn't use my usual, ACK Guest House.

Ann.

bristol, UK
7. Re: nairobi hotel near airport

Thanks all, have booked the Bounty and Jimcab (very rapid response). they've quoted 1000 Ksh each way, still a lot cheaper than hotel which quoted $30 each way!

8. Re: nairobi hotel near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 07, 2009