We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orange county, Ca
reviews: 4
safari

anybody know if middle of April would be condusive weather wise for a safari i n Narobi?

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 18
1. Re: safari

Its the long rains in April so the wildlife will be dispersed and the vegetation thick.

Orange county, Ca
2. Re: safari

well then I guess April is out, will try the middle of Feb date??

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 18
3. Re: safari

January/February is hot, dry and sunny so the animals will come to the lodge's watering holes to drink - much better choice!

Orange county, Ca
4. Re: safari

thanks for the info, thats probably why the tour company wants $100 more for January

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 47
5. Re: safari

April is the lowest of low season. But I'm pleased to learn you are dealing with an operator who does offer lower rates then. Now, here's the big news.. May is ALSO low season and a good time to be in Kenya. For some camps, even June is low season. See what they say about travel then. Yes, grasses are higher - but still a good travel time with smaller crowds, great weather.

6. Re: safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 04, 2009