We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nirobi to Mombasa

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Nirobi to Mombasa

What is the best way to get from Nirobi to Mombasa (not renting car)?

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 13
1. Re: Nirobi to Mombasa

Plane, train or bus - not the John Candy movie!

London
2. Re: Nirobi to Mombasa

flights leave regularly during the day take 1 hour to 1 hour 40 minutes depending on the company and size of aircraft

Bus-- leaves several times daily...loads of different comapanies fares start from 600shs one way.....but be aware the cheaper the fare the rougher the bus!!!!! I would recommend Coast bus fare is around 1200 shs coaches are good and have air con. The journey takes around 9 hours if there are no delays

Train - travels along the lunatic line! one departure every two days, economy is cheap...but no guarenteed seats..no food...and bit like taking cattle to market :-) Better to go first class arond 3500 kshs, have meals provided and a compartment (and beds)

takes as long as the bus. FREQUENT delays so don't use it to time a connection with a flight from nairobi on the same day

Last time i travelled was delayed for 4 hours in the middle of nowhere

London
3. Re: Nirobi to Mombasa

Sorry I meant if taking the train don't plan anything in mombasa to times on same day as arrival, and the train is overnight Monday, wednesday and fridays I think.

New York
4. Re: Nirobi to Mombasa

Thank you Heartinnyali.

Any suggestions how to reserve flight Nairobi - Mombasa in the USA?

London, United...
5. Re: Nirobi to Mombasa

wouldn;t recommend Coast bus as recently it has been targeted by the thieves try MASH or RANDA. If flying dont book it till you get there it will be a lot cheaper unless your going high season

Living in Qatar
6. Re: Nirobi to Mombasa

Hi,

if you want to book flight from Nairobi to Mombasa, you can do it online, check Kenya airways web site. the ticket is abt. $ 180 return. and they have many flights a day. the first one is 6.45 and the last 22.30.

www.kenya-airways.com

Kwaheri

D.

London, United...
7. Re: Nirobi to Mombasa

You could also check out fly540.com who are doing special offers at the moment

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
8. Re: Nirobi to Mombasa

I don't know if the road has improved in the last few days, but it has been terrible, according to the photos in the newspapers. Fly if you can, unless you want to see the country from a bus. There is only one road!! Look at a map.