We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7/8 day Safari Tour from Nairobi - Up End of Accomodation

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
7/8 day Safari Tour from Nairobi - Up End of Accomodation

Hi

Can anyone suggest a good tour operator for a 7/8 safari tour departing Nairobi predominantely in the Masi Mara?

We would prefer to stay in good quaity sites rather then cheap student based accomodation.

Thanks in advance.

p

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
1. Re: 7/8 day Safari Tour from Nairobi - Up End of Accomodation

Eastern & Southern Safaris is based in Nairobi. I've used them on 3 trips and have been very happy with their services. They can customize an itinerary however you want so just let them know how many nights you'd like to spend in the Mara and where else you'd like to go.

When are you planning to travel? If planning for this year's migration season, keep in mind that the best accommodations may already be booked. Good luck!

2. Re: 7/8 day Safari Tour from Nairobi - Up End of Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:34 pm, June 20, 2007
London
3. Re: 7/8 day Safari Tour from Nairobi - Up End of Accomodation

I've travelled several times with www.secretsofafrica.com and have recommended them to friends and family who have also used them.

The communication before travelling has always been good and I've thoroughly enjoyed the safaris with them, I've asked to go to some where specific (like sheldrick trust in voi) and they have sorted it for me.

If you are going this year between August and October you might struggle to get the exact camps you want as many are already full.

I'm looking to go to Il Keliani in November looks lovely on their website www.ilkeliani.com

chicago
4. Re: 7/8 day Safari Tour from Nairobi - Up End of Accomodation

Hi,

There are many companies to choose from nowdays, but the one I used is www.bestofafricatours.com and I cannot complain, their service was great and have experienced guides who know the parks very well. Try them.

5. Re: 7/8 day Safari Tour from Nairobi - Up End of Accomodation

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:57 am, June 08, 2007
London
6. Re: 7/8 day Safari Tour from Nairobi - Up End of Accomodation

Hallo,

I would recommend skyview of Africa Ltd(www.skyviewofafrica.com).It is a tour company based in Nairobi, We did a safari with them and it was awesome. Initially i was nervous about dealing with a company over the internet.

I appreciated the prompt replies to my questions that i was provided.

We used a private van and the guide was very informed.The accomodaton was superb, figrecamp in masai mara, L.Nakuru lodge in L.Nakuru National Park and Oltukai Lodge in Amboseli.

It was 5 night 6 days safari.

Goodluck.

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
7. Re: 7/8 day Safari Tour from Nairobi - Up End of Accomodation

Hi,

it is possible, to go from Nairobi only to Masai Mara, but i think, this might be a little bit too much Mara. Maybe it will be better to make a combination of 2 nights Lake Nakuru and 5 nights Masai Mara. In the Mara because of the 5 nights, you can seperate them into to different accomodations in different locations in the park, to have a better radius to see more of the Masai Mara.

In the Lake Nakuru, i can recommand the Lake Nakuru Lodge (superior room or suite, great view), the Mbweha Camp (this one is outside) or the Flamingo camp (new one, but close to the town Nakuru, some said a little bit noisy because of this).

In the Mara, there are some accomodations inside the origin Masai Mara and many outside. Like others said, it might be a little bit difficult to get some accomodations, because of the last migrations time, they might be full-booked. But i think a good operator can help you there.

There are many bigger lodges and many camps from basic to absolut luxury. There it depends most on your budget and the availability.

Hope, this helps a little bit.

And like the others, we have our own local kenyan operator which has a contact in England: Kenyan Adventures (KABS). You can have a look on their website: kenyanadventures.co.uk or contact Doc for some offers: omaewilfred@yahoo.com

We used Doc and his company for many trips and just finished the plannings for our next trip.

We made the best experiences and during our safari after Northern Tanzania next year, we are at the Mara Intrepids for 3 nights.

Wish you good luck with your plannings and success with the accomodations you want to have.

Bye

Chrissy

8. Re: 7/8 day Safari Tour from Nairobi - Up End of Accomodation

Removed on: 8:47 am, March 02, 2009
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 13
9. Re: 7/8 day Safari Tour from Nairobi - Up End of Accomodation

I would recommend Kuldips Touring Company. Long-established family company in Mombasa who would put together a package to your liking. Done us and our friends proud in the past!

Contact Ishpal ....... indiana@africaonline.co.ke

Mention Phil and I'm sure they will do you proud too.

Germany
10. Re: 7/8 day Safari Tour from Nairobi - Up End of Accomodation

There are very many tour companies in Nairobi to book you, but what you have to do is to shop correctly for the best and conveint company.. I used skyview of Africa Ltd and did 2 nights in Nyeri outspan and treetops, 1 night in Lake Naivaha Country club, 2 nights in Maasi mara where I stayed in Mara Simba Lodge.

What you have to do is just tell them which sites you would like to stay then they will design for very good places which are good and pocket freindly. I wish you all the best as you plan your safari.