We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

country lodge - nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
country lodge - nairobi

has anyone stayed at http://countrylodge.co.ke ? It's not listed here (is it too new?) but seems to be an ideal combination of modern/convenient/reasonabe price. Am curious to hear from anyone who's given it a try.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
1. Re: country lodge - nairobi

It is very new. It is part of the Fairview Hotel Group. Have you read the whole website? You need to add www. to what you have put.

It has been highly advertised here in Kenya, with the B and B rate at $60 for opening promotion.

I gather that the diadvantage is that it is designed for business travellers and has no restuarant, so it is not so easy to meet other guests. You can eat at the Fairview if you like.

Why not try it and post a review!!

London, United...
reviews: 13
2. Re: country lodge - nairobi

SO when is it opening

London
3. Re: country lodge - nairobi

If it is anything like the Fairveiw it should be good.

Stayed there last year and really enjoyed it, the Hotel was superb, and so close to the centre of town and yet with the garden setting it felt like you were miles from civilisation, I was told (tongue in cheek i think) that it's also supposed to be one of the best guarded hotels in Nairobi due to being on the doorstep of the embassy, certainly was a lot of armed soldiers around

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
4. Re: country lodge - nairobi

It has been open for some months now. I looked at the website and they now charge $65 b and b. There is a map showing its proximity to the Fairview. If you are interested, check the website, which gives the history and the sort of clients they are aiming at. I usually stay at the ACK (Anglican Church of Kenya) Guest house, which is close to the Fairview, very friendly and much cheaper! (It won't suit those who like a drink and smoke!) That road is well guarded because it has the Israeli Embassy.

Note that the website is www.countrylodge.co.uk

London
reviews: 1
5. Re: country lodge - nairobi

I have stayed here, the rooms are very nice and it's right next door to the main hotel, we didn't even realise that we were not in the Fairweiw to start with, as we checked in through the main reception area at the FW, to get to our rooms, was just a pleasant short walk through the grounds.

We spent three nights here before going on safari

Newcastle
6. Re: country lodge - nairobi

No, I have not but am about to book a night there in August so would also like to hear from anyone who has stayed there.

Angela

Newcastle, Australia

Dublin
reviews: 3
7. Re: country lodge - nairobi

Just returned from Nairobi and spent three nights at the Country Lodge Hotel, which is part of, and adjacent to, the Fairview Hotel.

I can highly recommend it. It is new, quiet, very clean and modern, small and friendly. It is primarily a business hotel, so it does not have any restaurant service except for breakfast - no bar either. However the Fairview is adjacent which has a number of eating options.

C.Lodge has very safe location and feeling about it. I would certainly recommend it.

Loldia

calgary
8. Re: country lodge - nairobi

My spouse and I stayed at Country Lodge for 2 1/2 nights just this past June, after 7 weeks overlanding all over southern Africa. The room is very clean, has everything you need (minus things like tissues), and very affordable. Good value, plus the breakfasts are EXCELLENT and the breakfast staff especially friendly and accomodating. Lots of fresh and varied fruit, warm, made-to-order breakfast and even free ice cubes (but you have to get a bag to transport it to your room). Great location with sister hotel Fairview's 5 restaurants within a 5 -min, walk, and strong security overlooking both the hotel and the trip to the Fairview. Would recommend, even thought the Fairview is nicer looking - but for this money, and short-term stays, Country Lodge is terrific value.

If you're going on business, definitely a great place, with everything you need on hand or close by.

Jambo from Calgary.

VA
reviews: 1
9. Re: country lodge - nairobi

I stayed there in July for like 10 days. It was great. Hospitalbe. Hallways were very loud when guests checked in late. No other problems at all. Breakfast was very good.. Coffee was good. Rooms are new and clean. They have an office chair but need a sitting area or chair in the rooms. Id go back at the good price I think it was $100 at that time,

africa
10. Re: country lodge - nairobi

yes it is a nice place and it is comfortable