We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari Company Help!

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California, USA
Safari Company Help!

Hello everyone!

I found a safari company that I am emailing back and forth and I think I am going to book with them. This is my first safari so I don't really know what I am doing. haha Can someone please check out this site for me and tell me what you think? Are they reputable? Not a scam? Do they sound good to all you experienced safari experts?

http://www.wildlifesunsafaris.com/index.htm

I am planning on going on the Mara/ Lake Nakuru 4 day safari. I have looked on all the other companies everyone on here has suggested, but this wildlife sun safari had gotten back to me first. And they are consistent. The other ones have either not replied back to me at all or have not replied with a quote yet. I am looking for a mid-range safari, so they seem to fit.

Help!

Thank you!

California, USA
1. Re: Safari Company Help!

I forgot to mention some things that someone in the mombasa forum has kindly pointed out to me:

I am going the first week of July, they are charging $740 (us dollars) to stay at either Siana Intrepids or Hippo Mara for Masai Mara and Lake Nakaru Lodge for Lake Nakaru. And it's just me.

I have emailed over 5 safari companies and this one got back to me right away. I have tried steenbok, diwaka, acacia, lets go travel, eastern and southern safaris, david tours, sunworld safaris, etc.

Wildlife Sun Safari is the only on consistently emailing me back. The others...?? I dont know why they haven't responded. haha I'm so confused, this is all so overwhelming!

heres their website again to check them out for me:

www.wildlifesunsafaris.com/index_safaris.htm

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Brussels, Belgium
2. Re: Safari Company Help!

hi,

i am not suprised at that,although in my case it was steenbok who replied first,i'll have to kick his,will chk out that site for you and let u know later today 05:30 cet,still in work so will mail from home,catch u later

agy

London
3. Re: Safari Company Help!

I think Wildlife Sun Safari is a reputable tour company, becoz most people have recommend it this on site.

There is www.skyviewofafrica too, i used this company last yr, they arranged my safari to Tsavo and they were not expensive compared to some local tour companies, they offered good services too.I am planning to go on Safari next yr to L,Nakuru/Masai Mara with the same company.

You can write to safari@skyviewofafrica.com and ask them to give you there rates, maybe there are much cheaper, who knows.

Regards

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 10
4. Re: Safari Company Help!

Another good tour company is GAP Adventures.

Their Web site is: www.gapadventures.com.

They are a huge company and do tours world-wide and use local experts.

I went with them in Feb 07---they were knowledgeable, friendly and professional.

Cheers,

caligornia
reviews: 3
5. Re: Safari Company Help!

hi georgie, i sent you a private message regarding GAP. hopefully you could give me some info? thanks!

6. Re: Safari Company Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 02, 2009