We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wallend Tyne & Wear
reviews: 5
One day in Nairobi

Hi

I will only be in Nairobi for one day before heading off for safari. My flight lands at 6.30 am and although we can drop luggage at the hotel, our room will not be available until later in the afternoon. Can anyone suggest a suitable excursion which not be too tiring after an overnight flight but will be interesting enough to keep us awake until we can check into hotel later in the afternoon. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Dartford, United...
reviews: 27
1. Re: One day in Nairobi

I think that by the time you get through customs and collect your luggage, then make your way through the rush hour traffic in Nairobi you may be looking at getting to your hotel around 9am. Have a coffee first, you'll need it, then think about the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphange - only open from 11 to 12 noon to the general public - to see all the little rescued babies having a great time in the water. Then head over to the giraffe sanctuary where you can hand-feed pellets to the giraffe, quite an experience watching their black tongues take hold of the food. You can then head back to your hotel, have a spot of lunch, and finally collapse into bed for a well-deserved nap!

Not too taxing and a great start to your safari and holiday. Have a brilliant time.

2. Re: One day in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, August 23, 2009