We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st visit to Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
reviews: 7
1st visit to Nairobi

Hi!

My daughter is going to a conference in Nairobi in a few weeks time. She will be working most of the time but would welcome any thoughts or tips to make her visit safe and enjoyable. Her company have booked her into a hotel (can't remember which one - sorry). How about getting around? Eating out? (She will have another colleague - also female- with her.

Probably sounding like the over anxious Mum here! She has travelled in Europe and USA but Kenya seems a bit different!

Thanks for any advice anyone out there can give.

kenya
1. Re: 1st visit to Nairobi

hello there! dont worry, kenya says Hakuna matata! meaning no problem! i know you worry cus its a place she or you never been but that not how it will be once she or you land in kenya! as soon as u land u ar met by warm people and great hospitality and all the fear just disapear like it just left back with the place that u landed in.

you should try reading more about kenya , beach, whildlife and the people, and safety precautions within the region you are going to be at. morsome more tip on this visit this page for an insite:

africatravel-jehome.com/geninfosafty.htm

you can also email back should you require further info so that you have a great stay and for your comfortability.

Wish you the best!

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
2. Re: 1st visit to Nairobi

Mum - have you found out which hotel yet?

Have a look at the Inside Pages - there's a lot of good advice there. Send me a private message if I can help further. I live in Western Kenya, but am British and also very concerned for my girls in Nairobi!

Ann

3. Re: 1st visit to Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 01, 2009