We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari honeymoon help

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth-England
reviews: 2
safari honeymoon help

Hi

Need help with planning my Honeymoon next year, Sept 2008. Wedding is 20th so it will be the weeks after that.

I have a rough idea but need help and advice with location and how many days in each.

1st want to fly to Nairobi and do a 3night Rwanda gorilla trek. Then fly back to Nairobi and spend 2 nights at The Giraffe Manor. Then from there I want to do a Safari but not sure where?? Then I want to fly down to Livingstone and stay at The Royal Livingstone for 2 nights, then from there fly to Mauritius for 7 nights at the Royal Palm.

So you think this is long enough in each place and what would be the best safari to do around from Nairobi.

Thanks Sarah

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
1. Re: safari honeymoon help

In early October, you still might be able to catch the migration in the Mara. I'd stay here for a minimum of 3 nights. How much overall time do you have for your safari? You could include a "northern" park like Samburu or Meru for contrast if you have more time.

Plymouth-England
reviews: 2
2. Re: safari honeymoon help

Hi

Im looking between 5 and 7 nights for a safari.

xx

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
3. Re: safari honeymoon help

5-7 nights would give you enough time for another park, so I'd suggest flying up to Samburu or Meru first, spend 2-3 nights, then fly to the Mara for 3-4 nights.

In Samburu, take a look at Larsens or Elephant Watch Camp. In Meru, I can highly recommend Elsa's Kopje which I think would be a wonderful honeymoon choice.

In the Mara, you have lots of choices. It looks like you have a fairly high budget and are looking for upper end accomodations, so I'd suggest looking at Mara Explorer, Il Moran, Olonana, Serian, Rekero, or Naibor to start.

Good luck with your plans!

kenya
4. Re: safari honeymoon help

Sarah pls contact lena, she had a her wedding and honeymoon in mombasa and she was so thrilled on the whole pogram.

should mail her- may be she would recommend you on who organised theirs.

info@jaktochfiskeaventyr.com

wish a wonderful holiday/honeymoon!

kenya
5. Re: safari honeymoon help

have you tried contacting jehometours? try this site:www.africatravel-jehome.com they ae fantastic! my group never regreted on their trip to maasai mara and amboseli for the greatest views of kilimanjaro.

wishing you a great holiday!

6. Re: safari honeymoon help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 30, 2009