We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butterflies

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton
reviews: 14
Butterflies

Does anyone know the name of this Butterfly sanctuary?

travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

It is near Karen.

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
1. Re: Butterflies

Sadly, I don't think it exists anymore. We drove around looking for it last year until we asked a security guard at a nearby residence who told us it closed. I think it used to be on the same road where Nyumbani is located. If anyone has additional info, I'd be interested too.

Buckinghamshire
reviews: 22
2. Re: Butterflies

We recently stayed at the Bamburi Beach Hotel and there was a nature trail/butterfly place right opposite. I have found the following web page - it would seem to be very similar to the one described in the post - have a look and see what you think ....

www.lafargeecosystems.com/main/content.php…

If you want to find it then you travel out of Mombasa towards Mtwapa, past the Nakumatt supermarket on right, past Haller Park (also well work a visit) on left, past a small Barclays bank on right (these all over the course of approx 2 miles). Immediately after Barclays you will see signs for Travellers Rest Hotel on right and then Bamburi Beach Hotel. The Nature trail is right opposite the little road down to the Bamburi Beach Hotel (so on left off the main road). It should be easy enough to find as the Bamburi Beach Hotel is quite well known!

Hope this helps.

Sue

Buckinghamshire
reviews: 22
3. Re: Butterflies

P.S. If you go then wear lots of insect repellent and long trousers/sleeves as the environment tends to attract a lot of insects!!! Shouldn't be a problem provided you go prepared!

London, United...
reviews: 13
4. Re: Butterflies

Apparently there's also a sanctuary for Butterflies at the SERENA that anyone can go to (NOT SURE HOW ACCURATE THIS INFO IS NOW THOUGH)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
5. Re: Butterflies

Also a butterfly farm near Gedi in watamu

6. Re: Butterflies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 29, 2009