We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on best way to get to Cairo from Nairobi?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Advice on best way to get to Cairo from Nairobi?

Hi!

I'm studying abroad in Nairobi this summer and in July would like to go with my friend to Egypt for 1 week - what's the best way to get there (cheapest way and then the fastest way)? We looked at flights but they are about $600! Is that the cheapest we will be able to find? I don't know much about African travel systems unfortunately...

Thanks!

Lauren

Western Cape, South...
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 40
1. Re: Advice on best way to get to Cairo from Nairobi?

Internal flights in Africa do seem expensive for those of us accustomed to the fierce price competition in the USA. Once you are in Nairobi, ask around for 'best prices'. Maybe someone here will have an experience that will help you, but I'm not optimistic. FYI, if there is a good fare on Ethiopian Airlines, don't be afraid of it. Both it and Kenya Airways operate at international standards for safety.

Edmonton
reviews: 14
2. Re: Advice on best way to get to Cairo from Nairobi?

I just went to the airport and bought a ticket at the last minute...

travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

Good luck! It was around 600 dollars.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
3. Re: Advice on best way to get to Cairo from Nairobi?

I have done it on Kenya Airways. Both KA and Ethiopian Airways are very good. Check for prices on their websites.

Overland, you might need the week to get there!!

4. Re: Advice on best way to get to Cairo from Nairobi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 28, 2009