We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi to Tanzania

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Africa
reviews: 1
Nairobi to Tanzania

I am looking at various alternatives to get from Nairobi to Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. Does Kenya have a reliable coach service travelling this route or alternatively a train service. It would have to be safe because we are two families with six kids all under the age of 13. Travel dates around 30 june2007.

Please advise to possible options. Thank you.

Faizel

Western Cape, South...
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 40
1. Re: Nairobi to Tanzania

Well it is actually very simple to travel by busses from Nairobi to Dar though it requires an overnight in Arusha. www.riverside-shuttle.com will take you to Arusha. www.scandinaviagroup.com/Scandinavia%20

Express/scandinavia_express_routemap_tanzania_dararusha.html will take you to Dar the next day. I've taken the Riverside shuttle often and it is indeed safe, and can be fun. I have NO experience with Scandanavia Express, so let's hear from others about them.

PS - note you could go all the way from Nairobi to Moshi, and that might be OK, since you would overnight in a smaller town and not have the earlier morning departure. On the other hand, Arusha is a colorful place and by starting to Dar from there, you have a better chance of sitting in seats you like. I like your sense of adventure.

South Africa
reviews: 1
2. Re: Nairobi to Tanzania

thanks for the info Dave. Much appreciated. Was wondering if you could recommend an itinery for a few days to see the crater, kilimanjaro ... then move on to dar then to zanzibar. Do you know of good / but relatively inexpensive places to stay /camp for this kind of tour. Has to be safe though... 4 adults 6 children... thanks for your input.

3. Re: Nairobi to Tanzania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, April 01, 2007
4. Re: Nairobi to Tanzania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, August 28, 2009