We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airtel or orange?

Which Kenya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mombasa, Kenya
airtel or orange?

which one of the internet provider is better?orange or airlet? please advice.

4 replies to this topic
Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 1
1. Re: airtel or orange?

When you travel to Kenya for safari, you may want to upload some of the pictures you took on Facebook. You may want to tweet about your epic journey into the wild Savannah. For those who blog you may want to keep your site updated with the latest excursions and adventures you have experienced. Or you may simply want to check your email to keep in touch with particular people during your safari. You need a good Internet connection for all these. I believe everyone is in accord that there are few things that heavily frustrate you as unstable, inefficient Internet connectivity. For your safari in Kenya, we recommend Safaricom mobile Internet. Read more here: xplorato.com/blog/….U3mrh9KSySo

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
2. Re: airtel or orange?

I use Orange. Friends use Airtel. Orange international phones bundle is amazing to call UK and USA - also India and China.

Ukunda, Coast, Kenya
reviews: 7
3. Re: airtel or orange?

Most of my friends left Safaricom for Orange (I plan to follow). Orange currently offers an "unlimited" monthly bundle for 3,000 shillings ($33). What you actually get is 20GB at 3G speed, then unlimited dial-up speed after that. But it's a better deal than Safaricom which only gives you 1.8GB for 1,000 shillings. (Officially it's 1.5GB but it's really closer to 1.8GB.) Safaricom hasn't improved its offerings in a couple of years now.

If you use a laptop the Orange USB dongle sells for 2,000 shillings wherever phones are sold. I am not sure if Orange has coverage in remote areas however. Safaricom may be the best bet on safaris.

Ukunda, Coast, Kenya
reviews: 7
4. Re: airtel or orange?

PS I wouldn't bother with Airtel.

Reply to: airtel or orange?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted