We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May trip to Kenya- volunteering and travelling

Which Kenya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
May trip to Kenya- volunteering and travelling

I will soon be leaving for Kenya on a medical volunteer trip. We are staying near the Mara. I am expecting rain during the trip but it won't affect me much as I will be working during the days. However I am staying after to go to Lewa and a camp in the Mara for five days. I am concerned about how much rain to expect, what kind of items to make sure to pack, and what the wildlife viewing experience might be. My only other trip was to southern Africa in August so the weather was fine and dry.

Nairobi, Kenya
1. Re: May trip to Kenya- volunteering and travelling

It is rainy season now in Kenya due to clement change it may rain up the middle of May

and what you should do is to have your game drive with Landcruzer 4 wheel drive

nyc
2. Re: May trip to Kenya- volunteering and travelling

As you're traveling during the 'long' rainy season, there's no guarantee if there will or will not be wet. You may fortunate to have absolutely no wet, or sadly some wet every day. For that matter, it's not unusual for there to be wet during the 'dry' season. You just have to be prepared one way or the other.

3. Re: May trip to Kenya- volunteering and travelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 22, 2014