We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Nights in Maasai Mara or 4 nights and 1 night elsewhere

Which Kenya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix
5 Nights in Maasai Mara or 4 nights and 1 night elsewhere

Should I spend 5 nights in the Maasai Mara or just spend 4 nights and checkout another reserve/park in the area? If it is beneficial to split the trip up, what other reserve would you reccommend?

Thank you.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
1. Re: 5 Nights in Maasai Mara or 4 nights and 1 night elsewhere

Hi - spend a night @ Nakuru NP (or Naivasha) before proceeding to Mara. This way, not only are you breaking up a rather long journey to the Mara but you also going to see another NP.

Bangalore, India
reviews: 95
2. Re: 5 Nights in Maasai Mara or 4 nights and 1 night elsewhere

I can tell you that it's a rather difficult choice. We recently went to Ol Pejeta Conservancy (2N), Nakuru (1N), Naivasha (on the way to Mara) and Mara (2N). Loved them all! Each different in their own ways. The Mara is special. You can consider a 2- to 3-hour Naivasha trip between Nakuru and Mara, if you leave Nakuru early enough.

- Jyoti

Nairobi, Kenya
3. Re: 5 Nights in Maasai Mara or 4 nights and 1 night elsewhere

I agree with Steff. Spend 4 night in Masai Mara and 1 at Lake Nakuru NP. you will guarantee yourself to see rhino which you may not see in Masai Mara Lake Nakuru NP also host numerous of flamingos

4. Re: 5 Nights in Maasai Mara or 4 nights and 1 night elsewhere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 22, 2014