We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August 2013 get in touch for Kenya Tanzania camp safari

Pacific, Washington
August 2013 get in touch for Kenya Tanzania camp safari

Interested in getting in touch with other lone travelers to form a small group of two to four people for 9 to 11 day budget safari in Kenya and Tanzania during wildebeast migration between Aug 15th and Sept 3rd 2013. I'm guessing it will be $200 per day per person to set up tour and van. Open to visit Maasai, Serengeti and other parks. Hope to hear from you. -- Reggie

Long Island
reviews: 4
1. Re: August 2013 get in touch for Kenya Tanzania camp safari

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CONSIDER 2AFRIKA.

They are the lowest and worst traveler oriented organization out there. My wife and I, as well as 13 other travelers, just returned from a 13-Day trip to Kenya and Tanzania. 3 days into the trip we were told that the trip was being cancelled because 2Afrika failed to pay the land operator. Had it not been for the U.S. Embassy, we would likely still be in Isiolo, Kenya because Ken Hieber and 2Afrika had no concern for our well-being.

We ended up having to pay the land operator again to continue the trip. All this time 2Afrika and Kenneth Hieber did nothing to support or protect us. We were pretty much left on our own.

2Afrika apparently runs a Ponzi scheme, wherein they collect money from one group to pay for another. This time, the original land operator called their bluff, and Kenneth Hieber was unable to pay, so he hired Predators Safari Club at the last minute, and they waited three days to get payment ... which was not forthcoming.

The only thing you will get from 2Afrika and Kenneth HIeber is sociopathic lies, so good that they fool even the best.

As the U.S. Embassy said, what you do as a U.S. citizen is up to you. I can only advise. If you want to get taken advantage of, with your eyes open, use 2Afrika. If you want to be smart, do your homework, read the complaints about 2Afrika and Kenneth HIeber online, buy the December 2012 edition of Conde Nast Traveler and read the Ombudsman section, and see what type of low life this man is, and why he should be banished from the travel industry and put behind bars.

If you think I am jaded, you're right. I'm more than jaded. And, I can have 14 other travelers attest to his actions and those of 2Afrika. They stole the trip of a lifetime from all of us, and made us pay double for it. The worst part is that this business still thrives and takes advantage of other hard working, well meaning travelers.

Pacific, Washington
2. Re: August 2013 get in touch for Kenya Tanzania camp safari

Wow…. What a bummer. However, I’ve never heard of 2Afrika and not sure why you decided to jade this posting. I guess it is something to be aware of but would also like to hear what went right and how to keep this from happening again.

Still planning to go on safari in Aug 2013 and want to focus on best approach.

Like:

• Forming a small group of 2 to 4 people to keep cost down while still not being linked to huge group

• Using a local bonded safari member of KATO that can provide references from people who have used their services before

• Creating a short list of best operators and then choose the best one that works for small group

New York City, New...
reviews: 5
3. Re: August 2013 get in touch for Kenya Tanzania camp safari

I could possibly be interested. I am looking into a Kenya trip next fall. and Single supplements can be difficult to get around. I would be more willing to do a 7 or 9 night safari. I would also like it close to Labor day for an extra day off. Just my options.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
4. Re: August 2013 get in touch for Kenya Tanzania camp safari

27EastEnd, how come your travel insurance did not cover you for this eventuality?

Pacific, Washington
5. Re: August 2013 get in touch for Kenya Tanzania camp safari

Hi stemargal, Thanks for your interest. Due to peak season for (wildebeest viewing) safaris I have already booked my flight to arrive Nairobi on 14 Aug.

Was planning safari last two weeks of Aug (departing 9/3) then visiting other countries during Labor day week on way home.

New York City, New...
reviews: 5
6. Re: August 2013 get in touch for Kenya Tanzania camp safari

No problem. Good luck in your travels.

7. Re: August 2013 get in touch for Kenya Tanzania camp safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, December 04, 2012
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reviews: 26
8. Re: August 2013 get in touch for Kenya Tanzania camp safari

I went alone. If I could do it again, I would get itinerary and other suggestions from agents and then book myself. I had no problems alone and loved it, even as a single white female and Jew in a Christian/Islamic county. The single supplement was actually not that bad as I discovered.

Edited: 6:41 pm, December 06, 2012
Pacific, Washington
9. Re: August 2013 get in touch for Kenya Tanzania camp safari

Hi Abracapocus,

Are you referring to booking tent camp directly and then flying into Mara for a few days. Are does this include hiring a 4X4 vehicle on a daily or weekly basis.

Wanted to stay longer in Mara and thought road transport would allow more time.

long island
reviews: 1
10. Re: August 2013 get in touch for Kenya Tanzania camp safari

I am married to east27 and we are waiting on traveler insurance but they are saying the company in Africa should be the one defaulted not the US. I will be fighting this and it is Travel Guard Insurance and paid almost 500.00 for this coverage. 2Afrika suggested we use them. Please just don't use this company he told the BBB he would pay all of us back for the nightmare of a trip and not one person has heard from him in 2 weeks. If I can save one person from this trip I will feel like I have been successful. He is a fraud and I would be glad to share the emails and what transpired over these 13 days if anyone is even remotely considering this company.