We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Luxor Now

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
reviews: 109
In Luxor Now

Arrived on Monday from Heathrow with Egyptair: the 737 was just about full - several empty seats in Business and only one empty in Economy.

Weather is very pleasant, but town seems quite quiet. We are staying in Karnak village.

So far I have worked on my R&R skills, but will attempt to answer any questions.

Should add, my face hurts from smiling so much! Two long years finally finished!

15 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
reviews: 137
11. Re: In Luxor Now

OK - It's a Muslim country. Therefore the national airline does not dispense alcohol, if that is important to you.

You thus also get announcements in Arabic 1st then English. But I've flown so often I just take my Kindle and read and don't think about the flights which were little different to the US Airways ones I used at the beginning of the year. (I've been on 12 planes since 28/12.)

Dinner & drinks dispensed as normal and seats are to 'scheduled' pitch so fairly decent.

The fleet is not that old - see www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/Egyptair.htm LHR-LXR uses either B737-NewGen, A330 or B777

Luggage allowances are 2 x 23kg per person!!!

Edited: 1:44 pm, March 06, 2014
Hurghada, Egypt
reviews: 9
12. Re: In Luxor Now

eLaReF I had my own supply for a change and have been forbidden from eating the restaurant empty! ( You just cannot get the staff lol) Did I miss someone dissing Egyptair one of Africas best airlines.

Sorry Divadarling if I missed you I am trying to get the new restaurant open as I was when eLaRef was here for a month!!!!!!

R

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
reviews: 137
13. Re: In Luxor Now

No dissing - someone just asked how I found the flight.

I had a long reply written saying to use the Egyptair website....................

THEN, I realised what they were really asking.

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
reviews: 109
14. Re: In Luxor Now

The flight out was fine except they assured us we had legroom for Mr DD, then they gave it to somebody else. Eventually he was moved into the Business class, whilst I had to stay in the designated seats. Fortunately people around me were kind enough to help me do the things I can't .

For those who don't know, he is extremely tall and I have rheumatoid arthritis which affects my mobility and hands.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
reviews: 118
15. Re: In Luxor Now

I am so glad that you finally made it back to Luxor DD - it's been a long time coming, so I would expect that you'll be taking full advantage of everything! I hope you have a fantastic time and will keep my eye on this thread for any updates.

Reply to: In Luxor Now
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted