We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superior Swiss inn Radamis I Nile Cruise

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Albans, United...
reviews: 9
Superior Swiss inn Radamis I Nile Cruise

This ship has undergone a name change I believe from Movenpick Radamis and I finding it hard to find any reviews. Has anyone been on this recently and could give me some feedback please? Our agent has advised the ship we booked is not sailing and this is an upgrade but I can't find anything on it.

If you can help I would really appreciate it.

Tilly

17 replies to this topic
Chelsea, Alabama
reviews: 55
1. Re: Superior Swiss inn Radamis I Nile Cruise

I am interested also as this is one of my choices.

Merseyside
reviews: 66
2. Re: Superior Swiss inn Radamis I Nile Cruise

bump.

any update on this?

St. Albans, United...
3. Re: Superior Swiss inn Radamis I Nile Cruise

We went on the Radamis I on the 4 March 2013. Giving that our agent had advised us this was an upgrade to the MS Sherry we were very disappointed in the shabby, dated and dilapidated cabins but lets start with the positives.

The food on the whole was good with variety and quality there was only one meal in 7 nights that was poor and that was a plated meal where we had no choice. No one got a poorly tummy so that’s a bonus. Drink prices - 120 for a large bottle of water yet from the local shop we were getting 3 bottles for 100 beer was 240 a can.

There were just 24 passengers from Luxor to Aswan and 29 Aswan to Luxor and staff seemed to think it was their right to ask for bigger tips as there were so few passengers!

It is not possible to swim in the pool paddle or dunk to cool off.

The ship was clean and the cabin boys loved to make models out of your towels.

Negative - the cabins

Cabins - something from the 70's . We had two cabins both of which contained worn furniture which was scuffed and tired.

The bathrooms were revolting. There was no way you could have had a bath as the enamel had been chipped away leaving it pitted in various areas these had joined leaving large areas of the bath with no enamel. Our agent had advised us that the ship had been refurbished - oh that would be the Airfix paint which had been applied to the bath to try and cover the enamel gaps. The paint had run leaving a trail of blobs. The shower temperature was not maintained and scolding water was a real danger. The toilet pan was chipped and cracked - hygienic! The sink was stained with scum and the lights around the sink were cracked.

There were holes in the bed linen. We have stayed in better Youth Hostel accommodation.

There is nothing superior about this boat if your paying Youth Hostel prices then you can't feel aggrieved at what you get we didn't and were totally mislead by our agent.

Edited: 10:24 am, April 03, 2013
Merseyside
reviews: 66
4. Re: Superior Swiss inn Radamis I Nile Cruise

That paints(!) a very clear picture! One to avoid.....

Thanks for replying so quickly,

TA

London, England
reviews: 24
5. Re: Superior Swiss inn Radamis I Nile Cruise

Ti11y

“Drink prices – 120 for a large bottle of water yet from the local shop we were getting 3 bottles for 100...”

Sorry but I’m confused. Is there an extra ‘0’ floating around here? I assume we are talking Egyptian money (“LE”) and, forgetting the ship’s prices for a moment, three large bottles of water for LE 100 would still be straightforward highway robbery.

St. Albans, United...
6. Re: Superior Swiss inn Radamis I Nile Cruise

Apologies, I was thinking/writing in pence. To clarify the water was 12 Egyptian Pounds per bottle on the boat and 3 bottles could be bought for 10 Egyptian Pounds in the local shops. So £1.20 a bottle on the ship or 33p per bottle from the shop.

Thanks for querying this .

scotland
reviews: 5
7. Re: Superior Swiss inn Radamis I Nile Cruise

I was just about to book this holiday but after reading some of the reviews I will just leave it . I watched someone's video they took of the boat and I would have been in tears if that's what they call 5***** it's a joke !!!

Cairo, Egypt
reviews: 23
8. Re: Superior Swiss inn Radamis I Nile Cruise

The same here, I was just going to book an offer for 3nights trip on this boat but after I have heard from you I have changed my mind.... Thanks all and wish you all have a nice trip everywhere ;)

9. Re: Superior Swiss inn Radamis I Nile Cruise

I did this trip in April ok decoration is a bit dated but on the hole it's only to sleep in everybody was lovely and our guide was great we do not eat spicy food so kitchen had no trouble doing somthing else for us and we tipped the whole crew in an envelope after we disembarked about £30 well worth want to take the whole family next time at it was my daughter and I if the clip u saw was on u tube that was the cabin we had cause we had a balcony and going to the sun deck was just a case of opening the door

Wien
reviews: 2
10. Re: Superior Swiss inn Radamis I Nile Cruise

Hi all,

I wanted to write an update about this ship. In February 2014 I did a trip on HS Radamis I Swiss Inn, booked by FTI.

Like all of us from Luxor to Aswan, 1 week.

I can't agree with most of the points Ti11y mentioned.

Yes the ship was built in the early 90's, so it's not as modern as other ships may be (I don't know) but it's definitely not from the 70's. Everything worked, from fridge to safe to TV and it was very clean! I even had a bathtub, thats unusual for a nile cruise ship. Most of them only have a shower.

I was in a german group, we were like 20 persons, maybe even less. The staff never asked for tips! At the beginning there's a charge (i think it was 27 Euro) for the staff. That's normal , otherwise only the waiters get tips.

The food was very good, tasty and a large variety.

I don't know what you mean with "It is not possible to swim in the pool paddle or dunk to cool off." - the Pool was perfectly fine. Theres one to dunk the feet in or for children and a normal to swim.

We also had a great guide that explained everything well.

So for me it was a perfectly fine vacation. I would go back to Radamis I to spend a week there.

Reply to: Superior Swiss inn Radamis I Nile Cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted