We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luxor in may ?

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hampshire
reviews: 3
luxor in may ?

too be honest im a little scared with all the news and mixed reviews im not due to go till may however its just me and my little boy whos 6 i cant get my flights refunded from easyjet and ive seen some people on here saying that the fco website lists luxor as a place not too travel too however when ive looked on fco i cant see where it states this any help or advice please

wendy

Luxor, Egypt
reviews: 24
31. Re: luxor in may ?

Not being a wild late-night raver like you, BB, I'd normally be tucked up in bed by that ungodly time!!!!

Glad that you didn't come across any unpleasantness, nevertheless.

Regards,

Edward.

Chester Cheshire UK
reviews: 1
32. Re: luxor in may ?

wendyxox,please do not feel scared you and your little boy will I am sure enjoy your holiday.The main thing to remember is it will be very hot in the daytime then so make sure you use plenty of sun protection on your son,because if anything would spoil your holiday it would be getting sunburn.

I do not think I have ever seen on this site such an offer being put forward,but can't somebody who lives in Luxor offer to meet her at the airport and show her around for a couple of days.They do not need to be in her face so to speak but just be available to give advice.I know if I lived in Luxor permanently I would be only to willing to show someone the ropes so that the feeling of being scared is eliminated.Just a thought.

hampshire
reviews: 3
33. Re: luxor in may ?

thanks we*ll be fine though got all transfers arranged and don't worry we go the turkey most years I always have plenty of factor 50 :) I just want to be able to go and see some of things I've always wanted too obviously with a child they,ll be plenty of swimming pool and play park time I wouldn't be mean and drag him round sites the whole week but I do want to do the valley of the kings karnack and the musuem he,ll be fine we managed ephesus and some other historical sites without him being bored as a parent I know that obviously he can't be expected too visit and enjoy all an adult would but too see the country and culture is something I've always wanted too do :) even if its only a small part and for a short time but I have concerns over safety :(

Luxor, Egypt
reviews: 24
34. Re: luxor in may ?

"offer to meet her at the airport and show her around for a couple of days."

Seeing as the people who post on here and also live here are all (or so it seems) involved in tourist businesses, then I shouldn't think that such an offer would be acceptable to TA. Especially with the suspicions which the current financial standing of those businesses would arouse among other posters! We all have to make a living, you know?

Nevertheless, if any of us bump into tourists, as we go about our normal activities, who are in difficulty; then I'm sure that any one of us would willingly offer any assistance we could to help them out, free of charge.

Best wishes,

Edward.

35. Re: luxor in may ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 18, 2014