We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luxor in may ?

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hampshire
reviews: 3
luxor in may ?

too be honest im a little scared with all the news and mixed reviews im not due to go till may however its just me and my little boy whos 6 i cant get my flights refunded from easyjet and ive seen some people on here saying that the fco website lists luxor as a place not too travel too however when ive looked on fco i cant see where it states this any help or advice please

wendy

London, United...
1. Re: luxor in may ?

Read the 'No unrest in Luxor' thread, relax and go to Luxor and enjoy.

Exhall, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: luxor in may ?

Wendy, many people go to Luxor each year, indeed if you read this forum, you will see that many of the people on here go 2, 3 or more times each year.

I was there in Sept/Oct and will be going again shortly, believe me I wouldn't go if it was THAT bad..

I am sure you and your little boy will love it. It is a wonderful city and hopefully you will end up being a frequent returner (like most people on this forum).

Read the notes on the right of this page (Top Questions), look at www.luxortraveltips.com and ENJOY yourself. The troubles you see on the TV and read in the paper, are happening 350 or so miles to the north (roughly the same distance as London ifs from Edinburgh).

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
reviews: 114
3. Re: luxor in may ?

Here is the link to the FCO advice for Egypt

fco.gov.uk/en/…egypt

As far as I can see, the only place in Egypt they advise you not to travel to is the Sinai region.

"The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all travel to the Governorate of North Sinai due to the significant increase in criminal activity.

The FCO advise against all but essential travel to the Governorate of South Sinai, with the exception of (i) the Red Sea Resorts including those in the entire region of Sharm el Sheikh, Taba, Nuweiba and Dahab; (ii) road travel between these resorts; and iii) transfers between the resorts and the airports of Taba and Sharm el Sheikh."

hampshire
4. Re: luxor in may ?

Thanks that's all I saw on the website too I can't find the list that people r referring too thanks for your comments everyone we,re not due to go until may so i guess we'll wait and see if it was just me I wouldn't hesitate as Egypt is somewhere ive always wanted to go and it was supposed to be a treat for my 40th but I obviously won't want to put my little one in a dangerous situation :(

Exhall, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: luxor in may ?

You wont be putting you little boy in a dangerous situation, Luxor is A LOT safer than Cairo, Alexandria, Suez or some of the other northern towns/cities.

There is so much to see in Luxor, also there are some lovely hotels with brilliant swimming pools.

I know you feel nervous, but don't be, it will hopefully be a great experience for you and your lad.

reviews: 8
6. Re: luxor in may ?

When are you travelling in may we are going on the 22nd.you will have a great time.lynda

hampshire
7. Re: luxor in may ?

We aren't going until may 6th so I guess its plenty of time I would be really upset to cancel but my childs safety is my main and only priority so fingers crossed things don't escalate :( lynda hope you get to go and have a lovely time too :)

Edited: 5:12 pm, February 11, 2013
reviews: 8
8. Re: luxor in may ?

People are really nice to kids it just might be a bit boring.

hampshire
9. Re: luxor in may ?

No we won't be going too all the tourist attractions got a great hotel with kiddies park and pool

hampshire
10. Re: luxor in may ?

Was hoping to do the lights show at the valley of the kings (he,ll love that) a boat trip on the Nile and the pony and trap too

Edited: 2:10 am, February 12, 2013