We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info for Ancient Egyptian enthusiasts

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Info for Ancient Egyptian enthusiasts

For those that receive the TV channel and are interested in such things, a 'new' programme is being aired tonight at 9-30pm on the QUEST channel titled 'Out of Egypt', which is a documentary about Ancient Egyptian archaeology, structures, mummies, etc.

Bedfordshire
Destination Expert
for Luxor
reviews: 24
1. Re: Info for Ancient Egyptian enthusiasts

Thanks KV, will have a look at that.

Phil

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
reviews: 137
2. Re: Info for Ancient Egyptian enthusiasts

Thks KV

Just checking the terminology - Is this of interest to ancient people like me that are Egyptian enthusiasts, or enthusiasts of Ancient Egypt?

Now I need to go and see if BT-Vision or Freeview has that channel!

Guildford, United...
reviews: 56
3. Re: Info for Ancient Egyptian enthusiasts

Thanks KV. There is also Tutankhamun conspiracies, on Discovery History tonight at 10 p.m. Sky 522 and Virgin 217

The programme mentioned by KV is on Freeview 38, Sky 154 and Virgin 179

London, United...
4. Re: Info for Ancient Egyptian enthusiasts

You are right there eLaReF, LoL, it would have been more 'correct' to title the thread 'info for Ancient Egypt enthusiasts' but, you get my drift, anyway.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
reviews: 137
5. Re: Info for Ancient Egyptian enthusiasts

I fit into either version!

:-)

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
reviews: 27
6. Re: Info for Ancient Egyptian enthusiasts

its on at 9pm and all about Luxor as far as i have read,

alan

Guildford, United...
reviews: 56
7. Re: Info for Ancient Egyptian enthusiasts

Apologies the programme on the Quest channel at 9 p.m. I've found is actually on virgin 172 and not 179 as quoted in my newspaper.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 13
8. Re: Info for Ancient Egyptian enthusiasts

I can see why this was called 'Out of Egypt' she seemed to be everywhere except Egypt very disappointing.

Cheers Brian

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
reviews: 27
9. Re: Info for Ancient Egyptian enthusiasts

agree with you Brian,

thats why they called it Out of Egypt, most of it was out of Egypt, the advert said it was about Luxor,

alan

London, United...
10. Re: Info for Ancient Egyptian enthusiasts

Well, virtually nothing about Luxor OR Egypt in that episode, quite disappointing really.

It DID live up to it's title 'Out of Egypt' though, as virtually all the footage shown was of places that were - 'out of Egypt'. Hopefully future episodes will be better and more Egypt orientated.

And just incase anyone else was wondering (as I was) about the many references of 'BCE', in respect of a point in time, as opposed to BC (before Christ) it would seem that 'political correctness' has made the term BC redundant, as it may be 'offensive' to non-Christians, so has been replaced with 'BCE' which stands for 'Before the Common Era'. Whether or not the Common Era begins at year '0000' I'm not entirely sure. Hope that helps.