We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dendera Temple

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
reviews: 16
Dendera Temple

Hi

What is the best way to get to Dendera Temple from Luxor and does anyone know the cost of this please?

London, England
reviews: 24
1. Re: Dendera Temple

The last time I looked, you can hire a cab for about LE 300–350 (there and back) for the car, not per person. Depending upon what is happening at the time, however, the authorities may require you travel in a convoy or less likely not go at all. The large holiday companies will have organised tours which will be more expensive.

You can also take a day’s sail on the “Lotus Boat” , a smallish Nile cruise ship which travels between Luxor and Dendera once or twice a week. The cost is roughly LE 400 per person. These sailings, however, are subject to cancelation or rescheduling if not enough tickets have been sold.

Edited: 11:59 pm, January 31, 2013
Cambridge, United...
reviews: 120
2. Re: Dendera Temple

I traveled by mini bus ...I think the boat would be a better option though

London, United...
reviews: 91
3. Re: Dendera Temple

We went by taxi last month. There were no convoys or restrictions in place. We agreed 180LE return (for the taxi, not per person) from Luxor with 2 hours' waiting time at the temple. We virtually had the place to ourselves. Don't miss the crypt - truly impressive.

reviews: 8
4. Re: Dendera Temple

We like the cruise it a good day out cost us 35 English.

5. Re: Dendera Temple

6. Re: Dendera Temple

7. Re: Dendera Temple

Sorry about the multiple posts peeps.

London, United...
reviews: 4
8. Re: Dendera Temple

We did the cruise & thought it was far too long. left the hotel at 6.30am & didn't get back until 7.30pm. It was very cold with the breeze on the river even though the temp in Luxor was around 25c when we were there in December. Food was 'adequate' & there was nothing of any real interest to see on the journey.

However Dendara is a must. If we went back would definitely go by taxi & stop off for a nice lunch somewhere.

Exhall, United...
9. Re: Dendera Temple

I went to Dendera 18 moths ago by taxi, I was charged 150le (there and back), great temple.

lincoln
reviews: 12
10. Re: Dendera Temple

Been lots of times on the Lotos boat to Dendra 35 pound english lots to see on the way country side and egyption people going about there daily life on the banks its very nice and relaxing.