We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept or Dec. with children ?

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Sept or Dec. with children ?

Hi

I have two questions and would appreciate any advice of info anybody can offer as this will out first time 2 Egypt. My kids are 8,9 and 10 and I was hoping for some advice about the weather in luxor, i have looked at the usual weather sites online but wanted some advice from people who have travelled to Luxor at these times please (I can get the best prices for Sept/Dec thats why i have chosen these months and i wouldn't travel in summer)

I believe that we would have more daylight hours in Sept but am worried it maybe to hot as we will be sightseeinaswell, on the other hand is December too cold for the kids to use the pools etc. Personally I dont like the sun too much and an english summer is warm enough but there isnt much point going on holiday if its cold and goes dark early ?

Also i am deciding between Sofitel Karnak or Maritime Jolie, both have good reviews.....any advice would be appreciated. I have read that newer parts of Maritime are better but maybe dissapointed if we got older rooms whereas the Sofitel is not as new but all rooms are the same

Thanks in advance

Exhall, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Sept or Dec. with children ?

September the daytime temps are from around 35c to 45c, the night time temps range from around 25c to 30c (these are depending when in September you go). I was there from 26th last year for 2 weeks and it was around 37c during the day. There is plenty of sun in September, it gets dark around 6.15pm ish. The swimming pool will be warm (ish) lol.

I have never been during December, but from what others have said it is pleasant during the day from around 24c to 29c, but at night around 15c to 20c (again this depend on when in December you go). Unless you get a heated pool, it will be COLD.

Edited: 6:06 pm, January 30, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Jordan, Syria
reviews: 22
2. Re: Sept or Dec. with children ?

Agree with previous poster, December is cold in Egypt. The last time I visited Egypt in December, the evening temperature was about 10 C in Luxor and Aswan.

In my opinion, I think that October or November is a good month to visit Egypt.

CHEERS

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
reviews: 118
3. Re: Sept or Dec. with children ?

I have travelled at both of these times and have always found September to be very nice, albeit still quite hot during the day and very pleasant at night. December is lovely during the day but is very cool in the morning and I did find it cold at night. As to the pools, they are VERY cold in December and I found that I just couldn't use the pool at the hotel when I travelled at that time. I did try it once but then ended up with the mother and father of sore throats and ended up on antibiotics - I blamed my experience in the pool for that, but it may just have been a coincidence!!

There was a comment in a forum thread recently that some hotels with heated pools are having problems in obtaining the fuel to keep them heated, so it may well be that pools won't actually be heated if that is the case.

I'd advise you to also have a look through our top questions which are printed in blue down the right hand side of this forum page - there is a lot of information there, including on travelling with children - see the link entitled "Children - Advice on travelling to Luxor with children"

Hope that helps a little.

manchester
4. Re: Sept or Dec. with children ?

Thank you all for the responses, I have looked at links on the right and they are helpful. I think we will travel in September it sounds much more like what we need.

My other question was about any thoughts about Sofitel Karnak or maritime jolie vile. Both have similar reviews on here am just wondering about the state of rooms and friendliness with kids any device would be appreciated

Thanks again

manchester
5. Re: Sept or Dec. with children ?

Thank you all for the responses, I have looked at links on the right and they are helpful. I think we will travel in September it sounds much more like what we need.

My other question was about any thoughts about Sofitel Karnak or maritime jolie vile. Both have similar reviews on here am just wondering about the state of rooms and friendliness with kids any advice would be appreciated

Thanks again

jersey
reviews: 29
6. Re: Sept or Dec. with children ?

all the rooms have been updated at the jolie and while not big there are good and well kept or you could go for one of the newly built blocks we had one the year before and there are impressive but a fair bit more expensive of course. and you couldent get a more friendly hotel then the jolie. never been in sept we always go in may but when ever you go im sure you will have a fab time,

manchester
7. Re: Sept or Dec. with children ?

Thank you all for that response about the jolie.

Has anyone stayed at the Sofitel Karnak recently ? am just wondering about the state of rooms and friendliness with children any advice would be appreciated

Thanks again

Manchester, United...
reviews: 34
8. Re: Sept or Dec. with children ?

As the Jolie ville has bungalow style rooms it would means your children could play about on the grass outside whilst you sit and relax on the terrace bit outside of the room and be less constricting than the traditional hotel room.

X

9. Re: Sept or Dec. with children ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 12, 2014