We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Bank Resturants

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milton Keynes...
reviews: 7
West Bank Resturants

Hi

Can anyone recommend good restaurants over on the West Bank.

Thanks

Debbie

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
reviews: 140
1. Re: West Bank Resturants

The Africa restaurant is pretty good.

Bedfordshire
Destination Expert
for Luxor
reviews: 21
2. Re: West Bank Resturants

You could look at this site

www.luxor-westbank.com/restaurants_e.htm

I have used the Nile Valley hotel restaurant and have had mixed reviews of the food but the view is excellent from the terrace over looking the Nile and at night when the Luxor temple is lit up. Also the beer is cheap and cold.

Phil

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
reviews: 118
3. Re: West Bank Resturants

I have been at both the Africa restaurant (evening meal) and the Nile Valley Hotel (evening meal and lunchtime) and both were OK.

I have heard good reports also about the Memnon Restaurant at the Colossi (opposite side of the road) and also the restaurant of the El Mesala Hotel, although I've never eaten there myself.

Milton Keynes...
4. Re: West Bank Resturants

Thanks Guys, shall pay a visit to a couple of them at least.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
reviews: 118
5. Re: West Bank Resturants

Hello again

Forgot to mention that I've also had a very nice lunch at the Al Moudira Hotel - that's also worth a wee visit for a look around and a spot of lunch. You could combine that with a visit to some of the West Bank sites that you might also want to see during your stay in Luxor..

Luxor, Egypt
reviews: 24
6. Re: West Bank Resturants

The West Bank eateries don't really appeal to us generally, Africa was OK, but the best meal we've had over there was definitely at the Mesala hotel. Excellent!

Regards,

Edward.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 42
7. Re: West Bank Resturants

Another vote for El Mesala hotel, but have also enjoyed meals at Africa. Beautiful view from El Mesala in the evenings.

London, England
reviews: 24
8. Re: West Bank Resturants

I agree that the Africa was OK but thought it a bit expensive relative to the overall quality of the food.

Milton Keynes...
9. Re: West Bank Resturants

Thanks all, much appreciated.

debbie

Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 16
10. Re: West Bank Resturants

I am quite surprised no one has mentioned the restaurant at El Fayrouz, mind you I have stayed there so am probably biased. OK so it's not majorly posh but still has good filling grub, recommend garlic steaks for sure and you can always get a beer if you want.