We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty Free Shops - Luxor

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 34
Duty Free Shops - Luxor

I have read on another website this morning that the 'in town' Duty Free shop behind the Emilio Hotel has now closed. Apparently there is a new one in the Awamaya (sp?) area due to open. I understand that this is somewhere near Pizza Hut!

The Karnak DF shop apparently closes at 5pm. Sorry, I don't know the opening time.

Please note: This information is not from any official website. I post it here as general information but cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies.

If anyone has any further information it would be good to hear more.

reviews: 8
1. Re: Duty Free Shops - Luxor

Thanks boring I've posted a couple of times asking about what's in the shops, liquor etc.

London, United...
reviews: 34
2. Re: Duty Free Shops - Luxor

I've only ever been in the one behind the Emilio and the stock varied so much depending on when you where there that it is hard to say exactly what they had. I used to post a DF shop website link to give a guideline on prices - if the had the goods in stock - but that no longer seems to work. They did also have alcohol for sale that wasn't DF but again I've no idea what.

Since my last post I've been told that the DF shop at Karnak is open from around 8-9am - 5pm.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
reviews: 114
3. Re: Duty Free Shops - Luxor

We used to use the duty free shop in Luxor, but it varied each and every time we went so that you weren't guaranteed to get what you wanted. The staff also watched your every move, shadowing you in fact, which was very off-putting, then they wanted a tip at the end of your visit, so we stopped going.

To guarantee you get what you want, I'd say take your own in from the UK duty free. You can, of course, visit the duty free on arrival at Luxor Airport prior to exiting the building.

scotland
reviews: 24
4. Re: Duty Free Shops - Luxor

from duty free in airport you can get 4 litres of spirits on each passport at "normal" dollar exchange rate. Last time I was at Karnak duty free they only allowed 3 bottles per passport and the dollar rate wasn't as good-think they just made it up.

Cyprus
5. Re: Duty Free Shops - Luxor

I went to Karnak duty free shop in December, most of the shelves were empty, it really wasn't worth going to. Get your duty free at the airport and bring it with you.

Chichester, United...
reviews: 36
6. Re: Duty Free Shops - Luxor

We were there last December and stocked up on everything we wanted in the Duty Free as we exited the airport so had everything we needed for our stay!

7. Re: Duty Free Shops - Luxor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 07, 2014