We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four days in Luxor

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
houston
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
Four days in Luxor

Hi There,

We do have four full days in Luxor(June). Please advise is this will be appropriate to spend all 4 days in Luxor or should we go for day trips?...Like Aswan or Abu?..Can we do Nile cruise?..Need advise.

Thanks!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
1. Re: Four days in Luxor

There is easily enough to do or see in and around Luxor to fill 4 days IMO. Whether or not you choose to do any day trips to places a bit further afield will be dependant upon how much interest you have in the ancient archaeological sites in Egypt.

It is possible to do a 'day cruise' to Dendara temple, but if you embark in the 'usual' Luxor to Aswan Nile cruise, then that and the travelling back to Luxor by road, will just about take up your 4 days.

houston
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
2. Re: Four days in Luxor

Thanks for ur response. What do u suggest should I just take day trip to Aswan or ABU simble?...That will be a good option via rental car with driver?..Coz I think I'm not that much interesting in 4 days cruise. Not that much interested in Archaeological sites either.

Is Dendara temple is worth to visit?..

Thanks!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
3. Re: Four days in Luxor

There would not be enough time for you to get to Abu Simbel by road from Luxor and back in only 4 days, unless you went to Aswan first and flew to Abu Simbel from there, where even if you managed to make the flight timings fit, there wouldn't be much time to do much else, by the time you got back to Luxor.

Aswan is 3 - 4 hrs by road from Luxor, so a 'day trip' there doesn't leave that much time in one day after travelling there and back, to do very much.

If you are not really interested in the ancient sites and don't really want to cruise, then it is difficult to know what to suggest.

Personally I think Dendera temple is well worth a visit (and you can also go there by road) and the day cruise there is worth doing too, but from what you have said, you may not feel the same.

London, England
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Four days in Luxor

“Not that much interested in Archaeological sites either.”

Then I suspect you may find that four days in Luxor seems like three and a half days too long.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
5. Re: Four days in Luxor

I was kind of thinking along the same lines BBeckett and am slightly struggling to understand why someone who has not much interest in the archaeological sites at all, would go to somewhere like Luxor, which, unless you really know where to look, or have friends there etc. offers very little else.

'Puzzled' from London.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
10,176 posts
162 reviews
6. Re: Four days in Luxor

Agree with the others. why go to Luxor if you are not interested in the ancient sites or a cruise? Maybe you would be better off in Sharm or a beach resort but then why go all the way to Egypt?

houston
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
7. Re: Four days in Luxor

Thank you so much all your responses..I think I need to do more research on this and I'll get back to u.

Thanks again.

8. Re: Four days in Luxor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:41 am, February 01, 2013
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
142 reviews
9. Re: Four days in Luxor

I think more research is needed..As you propose to visit the Worlds greatest outdoor archaeological museum and have no interest in it ....Dont think there is a lot of point

10. Re: Four days in Luxor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 01, 2014