We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train luxor to aswan

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
train luxor to aswan

hi,,are foriegners allowed travel on the day trains between luxor and aswan

Ottawa
reviews: 12
11. Re: train luxor to aswan

I have made the trip many times since the mi 80's. and find it a very good way to get from Cairo to Aswan and then return by boat to Luxor. The coaches are getting a bit "care worn" but it's remains for me the best way to go. Good beds and linens in the sleeper coaches. Most of these trips I have had a group with me. Garththolemu. Ottawa

Edited: 2:40 pm, January 06, 2013
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 32
12. Re: train luxor to aswan

Three weeks ago, I bought tickets from Luxor to Aswan and back.

One ticket was purchased on the day I wanted to go, the other was purchased the day before.

Both were done at the train station.

1st class is usually completely booked unless you're a solo traveler. The 2nd class tickets were easy to get. Purchases were easy -- under 10 minutes of effort.

Edited: 1:16 pm, January 16, 2013
NE UK
reviews: 14
13. Re: train luxor to aswan

My journey Luxor to Aswan was in the 1st class carriage. I am a single traveller, but there were only about 8 or 10 people in the whole carriage - there were plenty of seats. I might be just lucky, but I have never had a problem getting a 1st class seat. :)

dublin
14. Re: train luxor to aswan

thank you for replies and help.

UK
reviews: 10
15. Re: train luxor to aswan

I have never had a problem getting a first class seat either. I have made the journey many times and normally get the ticket at the station, the night before travelling. This is a very cheap journey if you book your own tickets and much more comfortable than by road. From what I can remember, they actively encouraged tourists to travel first class only but you could slip through the net and get second class tickets. First class is very cheap and seats are comfortable enough.

Edited: 3:34 pm, January 16, 2013
Dubai, United Arab...
16. Re: train luxor to aswan

hey i was thinking of visiting egypt in february. Foremost important to know if its safe?

Then i want to see teh best of egypt in 10 days. can anyone suggest me the best way? I will be landing in luxor and then i suppose go to aswan by train and then take a train to cairo?.

Also is it better to hire a car or take train? will i be missing anything in between the stations?

Southampton, United...
17. Re: train luxor to aswan

Hi,

Can anyone please confirm the times of Express trains from Aswan to Luxor on a Sunday? I have got the timetable from Seat61.com but the Egyptian rail web site doesn't show up any available trains. I am hoping to catch train 887, dep. 15.00, arr. 18.20.

Regards

Mike

Bucks
reviews: 2
18. Re: train luxor to aswan

Same as any other day. Sunday isn't a day off in Egypt!

UK
reviews: 3
19. Re: train luxor to aswan

According to enr.gov.eg the express trains from Aswan to Luxor are at:

The Egyptian railways site won't show any available trains if you're trying to book a seat online. You have to click on "Train Schedule" to bring up the information.

Southampton, United...
20. Re: train luxor to aswan

Thanks to both of you for your immediate and helpful replies. Thanks too to Mark for his great web site. I did try the 'Train Schedule' but don't know why I couldn't get any trains to show up.

Regards

Mike