We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby??

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 34
Baby??

Hi

We have been to Luxor twice in the past years. We have had a baby and he will be 16 months in summer and we are trying to find a great summer holiday.

We have seen a really good deal at Jollie Ville (we have stayed before and know that there is plenty of shade etc) the rooms are nice and clean and spacious. We know that at night he can go to sleep with working air con (power permitting :-) ) and we can sit outside the room play cards and chat etc. Without it being a balcony.

We are only concerned about the heat.

We are both teachers and so are stuck with August heat and August prices! At his age all the kids clubs of other hotels are a big no no and the water slides etc are a big no no! He loves being in a pool and has had swimming lessons since he was 3 months old so he would love a pool etc.

Would we be foolish with the heat?

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 101
1. Re: Baby??

Hi !

Au Jolie Ville , pas de problème si vous prenez les précautions nécessaires : tee shirt et chapeau , même dans l'eau , crême solaire régulièrement et le mettre à l'ombre , sous les arbres quand il n'est pas dans la piscine .

Nous allions dans la piscine 'infinity' , avec partie enfants et jeux .

Essai fait avec un bébé de 2 ans : super !

Have a good day !

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
reviews: 117
2. Re: Baby??

You may find that looking through our top questions written in blue down the right hand side of this forum page might help you - there's a section specifically on travelling with children. If you click on the link titled " Children - Advice on travelling to Luxor with children" that will bring up a box with various articles and previous forum questions for you to look at.

Hope that will help you a little.

Manchester, United...
3. Re: Baby??

Thankyou for replying. I appreciate it.

Essex
4. Re: Baby??

I think the biggest problem you will have is keeping the little one hydrated with the heat in August.

Guernsey, Channel...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Baby??

Hi, first off have a wonderful holiday, August in Luxor is a withering experience for growups, never mind children. I have though braved it once with my Godson and their tiny babe, they too are teachers and so like you were confined to August. Suggest you visit your GP, who, apart from minors' inoculations may suggest a course of hydration medication.

Plenty of fluids, for 48 hours before and during flight, get in more fresh fruit, extra apple and orange slices with each little meal; you will have a few more nappy changes, but baby will be far happier and more comfortable on arrival, make sure you have hand held fans and water spritzers readily available on arrival, the airport will be stifling with loud, long waits.

Baby should be able to have a swim in the pool from about 6am and again in later hours of less fierce sunlight. Please do not put baby in one of those all covering 'wet suits' , currently used by so called celebs' infants, treated water and sweat causes horrible rashes and painful chafes in the chubby bits.

Sorry to call your child 'baby' you haven't said a name.

Best Wishes

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
reviews: 28
6. Re: Baby??

we went to Sharm in late june with our granddaughter and had no problem with the heat,

use your common sense when it comes to the mid day heat, find plenty of shade,

as for nappies, we use the vac bags to shrink them down to save space in the luggage,

on the water topic we took an empty insulated sports bottle, the ones with the pull mouth piece and let her use it as and when she needed a drink,

alan

Manchester, United...
7. Re: Baby??

Thankyou all for your replies and advice!

Having been twice before in August we know how hot it gets, but having never travelled with a baby before we have no idea about how hot is too hot etc.

the Jolie ville seems fab as he can nap in the room etc and we can sit right outside. And not stuck on a balcony etc.

Mmmmm decisions decisions! X

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 118
8. Re: Baby??

As you did ask I will give my opinion ...I think you must be potty even contemplating it.

Exhall, United...
9. Re: Baby??

Jolie Ville August, Heat, Mozzies (lots of mozzies). IMHO, I agree with Matthew. This does not mean it can't be done, but I would be interested to know when you came back, how it was with a baby compared to the previous times you went.

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 20
10. Re: Baby??

I'm afraid I agree with the latter two posts. A friend of mine well used to summer travel in the Med and elsewhere collaped with the heat of an August in Luxor and if that can happen to an adult. ......of course inside a hotel is fine with air conditioning but who wants to go to Luxor and stay inside a hotel all day. I remember an August holiday in Northern Cyprus ( which can be much breezier than Luxor )and two toddlers screaming in the heat and their awful burns.Parents: teachers who chose a sunny holiday over more balmy climates. Sorry to detract but I'd wait a few years. Of course there are babies and tots who cope with anything but personally I wouldn't take the chance.