We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxor/Aswan in 4-5 day trip.

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Luxor/Aswan in 4-5 day trip.

I would like to spend 4-5 days in Luxor/Aswan. I will be flying in from Cairo into either Luxor or Aswan, and then flying back to Cairo.

What's the best way to do this? In terms of sigh seeing? And accommodation?

London, United...
1. Re: Luxor/Aswan in 4-5 day trip.

Unfortunately your intentions are a little vague to give too much of a 'constructive answer.

'4 - 5 days in Luxor/Aswan'

These are 2 towns that are a few hours (by road) apart from eachother, so do you want to spend 4 or 5 days in Luxor, or 4 or 5 days in Aswan, or split the time between the 2 places ?

There are many things to do and see in the Luxor area, just as there are many things to do and see in and around Aswan.

There are also many ancient sites that are very popular (Esna, Edfu, Kom Ombo, Gebel el Silsila, etc) between Luxor and Aswan.

Also, when in Aswan, many travellers take the opportunity to travel down to Abu Simbel.

I think that if you researched a little and came up with a list of things you 'wanted' to see and do in the time that you had, then people could advise as to how much of it was 'do-able' in that time frame and could then offer suggestions as to the best ways to possibly do it all.

Atlanta, Georgia
2. Re: Luxor/Aswan in 4-5 day trip.

I guess I needed better wording.

I am looking for a comprehensive sighseeing trip; that is 4-5 days in duration, where I can see both Luxor and Aswan.

Since I don't know anything about either cities, I have no restriction on how long to stay in one over the other.

London, England
reviews: 24
3. Re: Luxor/Aswan in 4-5 day trip.

Sounds like you might want a Luxor-Aswan or Aswan-Luxor Nile cruise. There is any number of options/packages to choose from and I’m sure that the many cruise enthusiasts who contribute to this forum will soon be posting their recommendations.

Bath
reviews: 11
4. Re: Luxor/Aswan in 4-5 day trip.

Hi, just come back and used a great tour company who can 'manage' your trip. Will PM you but also read my Trip Report.

Stoney Creek...
reviews: 7
5. Re: Luxor/Aswan in 4-5 day trip.

Plenty to see and do in these areas;

Day 1 - Aswan west bank

Tombs of the Nobles then take a camel ride to St Simeon Monastery

Travel down the Nile to visit a Nubian village sailing past the Aga Khan Mausoleum along the way.

Head back to town and visit the Nubian Museum then either:

a) take a sunset felluca cruise or

b) see the Philae Temple sound and light show

Day 2 visit Abu Simbel (a must)

Get back to Aswan and vist Philae Temple during the day then check out the High Dam and unfinished obelisk if you have time but neither are really great attractions. If not taking a Nile cruise then do either a or b from yesterday

If you are taking a 3 day Nile cruise from Aswan to Luxor your tour will be set for you with stops at Kom Ombo and Edfu as well as heading through the lock at Esna before arriving in Luxor. You won't be able to see much in Luxor, probably only Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple.

Day 3 (if not taking a cruise)

My suggestion would be to hire a car to Luxor and stop at Kom Ombo and Edfu along the way. This will give you 2 full days in Luxor which you will definitely require.

Day 4

Luxor west bank. Valley of the Kings, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, Medinat Habu, Ramesseum. Go back to Luxor and see the Karnak Temple sound and light show at night

Day 5

Get up early and do a balloon ride over the west bank at sunrise. Then head back to Luxor and see Karnak Temple during the day, Luxor Temple and Luxor Museum. If you have enough time stroll through the souk (bazaar)

This should fill up your 5 days nicely and you will have a great time.

6. Re: Luxor/Aswan in 4-5 day trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 16, 2013