We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Nile Cruises opinions, for YOU and from YOU

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt
reviews: 28
Nile Cruises opinions, for YOU and from YOU

Finally I was able to fullfil my promise and was able to do the first step to creat list of recommended cruises for TA members, this list you can have a look on it on the FAQ of Luxor, or simply following this link

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294205-c93808/Luxor:…

/Luxor:Egypt:Opinions.About.Nile.Cruises.html

BUT the list still needs more and more of your support, so it is a new invisation for EVERYONE who had been on a Nile Cruise to give us here his comment , either as a recommendation or even as warning from that specific cruise, so his will give help to many others who are here on TA forum

please everyone be kind and give us here your sincere opinion and thanks for all of you for all your efforts

waiting for your feed back

230 replies to this topic
Islay, United...
reviews: 5
211. Re: Nile Cruises opinions, for YOU and from YOU

Just returned from a fantastic Nile cruise on Solaris 11. This wasn't the boat I'd booked from those ghastly charlatans at Imperial Travel (see Holiday Watchdog forum and weep ! ) but I am very glad they made this particular cock-up. Yes , it was an older vessel and maybe not as chic as the newer boats but the fantastic staff, good food and great cabins with a balcony ( which a lot of the newer boats didn't have ) was utterly delightful. I hope to book with this company again next January for another lovely chilled out drift along the line. Can't praise the experience highly enough.

Lancashire, England
reviews: 92
212. Re: Nile Cruises opinions, for YOU and from YOU

I have just returned form a three night Nile cruise on the Tower 1 Prestige. The cabins are lovely, light and airy with large sliding windows and a bigger than usual marble bathroom.

The staff are very nice and not angling for tips. The boat manager was adamant that individuals shouldn't be tipped and to put money in an envelope for all. Contrary to past trips, there were no suggestions as to the amount. As there were no boat tour guides, that situation didn't arrive.

The pool and top deck were really nice and well cared for. Every morning the top deck was vacuumed and the pool was always clean.

The food was hot and served by staff wearing disposable gloves. It was really good but mostly Egyptian, as the majority of guests were Egyptian.

I can definitely recommend this boat.

Kent
reviews: 70
213. Re: Nile Cruises opinions, for YOU and from YOU

I have been championing First Choices 'other cruiser' the Jasmin if only because back in 2010 I could not find any info about it other than it being 'the other cruiser' it seemed it was the Orchids ugly sister. We had such a great holiday on it and even though it's an older looking boat it had an old world charm and the crew worked so hard to give its customers a good time. Big-up the Jasmin!

Devon, UK
reviews: 12
214. Re: Nile Cruises opinions, for YOU and from YOU

We had an eight day cruise on board the MS Misr with Noble Caledonia last November. I think Jules Verne also use this ship, which is just packed full of old world charm and gracious living. A step back into the 1930s but with all mod cons - utterly delightful.

The boat was spotless and the staff all charming and providing a wonderful level of customer service. We were given a tour of the kitchens, and were very impressed with the attention to hygiene at all times. No-one on our tour suffered any tummy problems at all, which I had been wary about.

After every shore trip we were met at the gangway with hot towels to clean our hands, also hand sanitiser on entry to the dining room for every meal.

Altogether the 'trip of a lifetime' and would highly recommend.

North Lincolnshire
reviews: 2
215. Re: Nile Cruises opinions, for YOU and from YOU

We have just returned from a week on board the MS Terramar, and I can honestly say this was one of, if not the, most amazing things I have ever done. The boat is very small in comparison to most of the others, and is, IMHO better for it. The staff are superb, the food is great (but not brilliant) and the Egyptian people, for the most part, open and friendly (although they will still con you for every last penny you have if they can get away with it!) Our Egyptologist, Amir, was the best tour guide we have ever had, and because there were only 8 of us in our group the tours were personal and he was able to answer all questions fully without being interrupted, or pushed for time. His obvious passion for his country and it's history made it all the more interesting, combined with his excellent English and sense of humour. The Terramar only had 16 people on in total, which was wonderful for us, but not so good for the crew and staff, as I understand they rely quite heavily on the generosity of guests' tips at the end of their week. Whilst it is not good for the Egyptian tourist trade at the moment it is brilliant for those of us who go because it is relatively quiet and the tombs and temples are not crowded. I expected much more hassle than we actually got, and as I quite enjoy haggling, managed to get a few bargains from the souk in Aswan and from some of the vendors at Abu Simbel. (although it's all relative, and whilst I felt it was a good bargain they were probably laughing at my back all the way down the street!) We did everything we could, including the Karnak sound and light show (cheesy but great) the trip to Abu Simbel and the hot air balloon flight (out of this world). The hygene on board our little boat was excellent, the cabins were kept spotless and the service excellent. I think it is very sad that Thomas Cook are pulling out of Luxor, and hope this will not affect this little gem of a boat. It would be very sad to see it in the dry dock along with all the others we passed whilst sailing down the Nile in this amazing and enigmatic country.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 12
216. Re: Nile Cruises opinions, for YOU and from YOU

The ESODRA!

Just returned form what should of been the Emily, that boat has been decommisioned for over two years it's a blag to get you over there then dump you on any boat they see fit. The food was herendouse and uneatable i spent my whole time HUNGRY and even ended up in tear's i was that hungry and frustrating. My boyfirend and i had to spend another £100 for something decent to eat at the Nile hotel. I've took picturs of what they were offering us as i am making a formal complaint, i wouldn't feed my dogs what they were putting on, you even had to aske for cheese or fresh fruit. There excuse for this ppor food was they wouldn't put out anything decent as the Egyptians would take it all therefore we English had to do without, it was the worst experience of my life NEVER AGAIN! Be careful as i believe we were all shafted.

Oxford
217. Re: Nile Cruises opinions, for YOU and from YOU

Just returned from 7 night Domina Prestige Emilio Nile cruise - booked through Co op travel on internet. (Followed by 7 nights at Hurghada, Red Sea)

Excellent clean boat, helpful welcoming staff throughout, food very good -varied, well presented. Guide Sanwat passionate about Ancient Egypt, helpful with dealing with vendors, looked after us well on all our tours... could not have wished for more.

Highly recommended.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 1
218. Re: Nile Cruises opinions, for YOU and from YOU

The Nile Dolphin!

Just spent three days on this cruise boat down the Nile and it was great. Food was amazing, staff were wonderful and the rooms clean and comfy. We have no complaints! This is a 5 star cruise boat and while it was not over the top luxury it was great accomodation for Egypt! Highly recommend.

UK
reviews: 4
219. Re: Nile Cruises opinions, for YOU and from YOU

Hi,

My friend and I have just spent 5 Nights aboard the Semiramis III Cruise boat, which is berthed near the bridge in Luxor. We had a fantastic trip, the staff and crew could not have been more helpful or friendly. The boat was spotlessly clean, the variety and quality of the food was excellent.

Enough time was available to visit all the Nileside attractions. The atmosphere was good, entertainment on board in Aswan was excellent.

Neither of us wanted to leave the boat, and would recommend it to anyone seeking a relaxing holiday with a good splash of culture.

London, United...
220. Re: Nile Cruises opinions, for YOU and from YOU

I recently went on the Nile Cruise with the Crown Prince. I had a great time, the ship and it's staff were faultless. The cleanliness superb. The food was a little mundane, but to be expected from a buffet type meal. All the guides on the boat were helpful and very knowledgeable, providing entertainment with their own personal banter amongst themselves.

Reply to: Nile Cruises opinions, for YOU and from YOU
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted