We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entering Great Pyramid

Which Giza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Meadow, New...
reviews: 187
Entering Great Pyramid

I want to go inside the Great Pyramid as far as the Grand Gallery and then leave since I am concerned about small spaces and feeling claustrophobic. Can anyone tell me if I can go just that far without a ticket and if I get there early enough to get a ticket, can I leave after I have had enough without completing the tour?

Is there any spot where I can stand on a lower level ledge or step to have my photo taken ON the Great Pyramid?

Thanks

Philadelphia
reviews: 16
1. Re: Entering Great Pyramid

Tickets to enter The Great Pyramid are extremely limited (about 150 in the morning & 150 in the afternoon). You cannot just go part way inside without a ticket. By the way, before reaching the Grand Gallery, you would have to get through the Ascending Corridor, which is the hardest part (less than 4 feet high, narrow & steep).

More people can enter the other 2 Pyramids, but again you would have to get through very tight passageways. It's not for everybody, & if you are apprehensive about, you should just skip it rather than have an anxiety attack once you're inside.

You can get your picture taken a few steps up from the bottom of The Pyramid. But if you try to go more than 5 or 6 steps up, you'll attract the attention of the police.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
reviews: 182
2. Re: Entering Great Pyramid

Hi,

Have to agree with the above; I've seen people having panic attacks & been with someone who was reduced to tears thru the claustrophobia. THankfully, we were able to talk her thru the whole thing & she was so proud for having "faced her demons" BUT we had private time inside the Great Pyramid so she knew that she could run out at any time & nobody would be in the way. She didn't tho & even (somehow) managed to get down into the subterranean chamber.

Giza Plateau & inside the Great Pyramid (pics are not usually allowed in any of the 3 but our group had paid for private time in the overall price)

…photobucket.com/albums/…

www.touregyptphotos.com/showphoto.php… pic of someone inside the 2nd pyramid.

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Inside the 2nd pyramid you have to bend double, then walk like that for about 70 steps, stand up, walk a few steps &then repeat the whole "bend over, 70 steps" mallarky before being able to stand upright in the inner chamber.

Regards

Bedfordshire
Destination Expert
for Luxor
reviews: 24
3. Re: Entering Great Pyramid

I went into the second pyramid, on the last upward straight no one was coming down but a big party was at the top just about to come down so I went as fast as I could up the steep incline and at the same time bent down. My legs hurt for the next two days from doing that.

Phil

4. Re: Entering Great Pyramid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, January 01, 2011
5. Re: Entering Great Pyramid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 14, 2011