We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children at the pyramids?

Which Giza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 7
Children at the pyramids?

My husband and I are planning to take a trip to Egypt. Our boys are 7 and 9, they love everything about Egypt so of course want to come as well. Is it safe to take children, can they manage the walks and heat, and are they allowed inside the pyramids and tunnels? If anyone can advise, I'd love to hear some comments about your own experience or what you've observed.

sussex
reviews: 2
1. Re: Children at the pyramids?

They will be fine and able to go inside the pyramids. Infact it is easier for children as they are smaller so dont have to bend double in some places like adults do.

Both my boys have done the pyramids and they would have been around the same age at the time. We went in august so it was very hot but they still loved it.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
reviews: 31
2. Re: Children at the pyramids?

sure they can come and enter inside the pyramids, they also can have half price for the entrance fees every where

heat depend when you will come, it is the maximum in june , july and August, can get up to 45 degrees, easier to do visits as early as possible to avoid heat and make sure to have airconditioned car as it is really important

Philadelphia
reviews: 16
3. Re: Children at the pyramids?

Children love Egypt, & the Egyptian people love children.

cardiff
reviews: 22
4. Re: Children at the pyramids?

my reply to the post below gives links to trip with 9 and 11yr old and some 'kiddy' tips tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294205-i9426-k267…

england
reviews: 35
5. Re: Children at the pyramids?

Went to Cairo last year, We were really impressed with the level of care given by the pool guys at the Meridian Pyramid Hotel. I don`t think there was a moment when the children in the pool were`nt being observed. Any misbehaviour was quickly dealt with rather in the manner of any Father watching out for his child. I got the impression that Egyptians adore children, and given the ages of yours, I say you will have a great time.

6. Re: Children at the pyramids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, November 01, 2009