We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best place for Shisha

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
reviews: 4
The best place for Shisha

We will be staying in Sheraton Cairo for 2 nights in two weeks. Would like to experience Shisha..We'll have some time in Aswan to try that too..any info about good shisha place in either town is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Luxor Egypt
1. Re: The best place for Shisha

Hi Egypt06,

You will found my shopes in Cairo sela Shisha. And in Aswan you will found in the Market. The good Shisha about 100 L.E.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
reviews: 34
2. Re: The best place for Shisha

smoking shisha is every where, but to try GOOD one , i advise easly you can take a taxi in Cairo to Khalili market and ask for ( WALEY EL NEAM cofee shop ) or ( EL FISHAWY cofee shop) they offer very good shisha, nice flavor and good prices, if you prefer luxurious places then in the same area of Khalili market ask for Naguib Mahfouz Coffee shop and there is bit more expensive.

In aswan just go to the railway station street which is also the entrance of the Aswan Bazaar , there are so many cofee shops there one next to other where you can try the Shisha

in general shisha have many falvors, there is Regular Tobacco shisha, there is also fruit flavored ones, personally i like so much the Apple Tobacco shisha, try it , it is so nice

have fun and enjoy your trip :)

USA
reviews: 4
3. Re: The best place for Shisha

The Egyptian Guide,

Thanks for your valuable information. It is good to know that there are good Shisha place in Aswan by the bazaar too..

Now I am pretty sure we'll be able fit in a Shisha experience in our Egypt trip!

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
4. Re: The best place for Shisha

you are welcome any time, forgot to mention prices so in the cofee shops they do not over charge you, so for a regular tobacco shisha to smoke, it is max 2 egyptian pounds per the WHOLE shisha, if he changed the tobacco it mean another 2 egyptian pounds

for flavored tobacco not more than 3 pounds if in Aswan and not more than 4 pounds if in Khalili bazaar

wish you great time

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
5. Re: The best place for Shisha

Is it ok for foreign women to smoke? I'd like to try it, but if it is offensive, I definitely won't do it.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
6. Re: The best place for Shisha

it is not at all offensive as long as you are in a nice place and respectable or known modern cofee shop like any one in Khalili market or near hotels and so on or in Luxor and Aswan

try it

7. Re: The best place for Shisha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 19, 2009