We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another last minute question - money?

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
reviews: 8
Another last minute question - money?

Sorry for the last minute questions. With finals looming, I've put off everything to the last second. :o) I'm trying to figure out how to bring money/pay people.

So far we are bringing $100 in ones for tipping and $100 for exchange (including our visas). However, I will need spending money and to pay our guides (~$700 - I know this is high, it includes airfare and such). So, is the best way to just take it out of an ATM when I get there or should I try to bring it in USD and exchange it there?

Thanks again!!! I'll post a review when we return!!

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
reviews: 133
1. Re: Another last minute question - money?

It's as long as it's short, or whatever they say. If you are under time pressure, just wait and go to the ATM when you get there. You may get a better rate but you may also pay a fee if you have a US card.

Manchester, United...
2. Re: Another last minute question - money?

yes, bring it in USD and change here coz you get much better rate. Also try avoid spending money in foreign currency as it makes an impression you are a “very rich tourists” and exchange rates would always be manipulated against you. So, better use the local currency.

3. Re: Another last minute question - money?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, August 27, 2009