We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to travel to Cairo

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sterling, Virginia
reviews: 36
Best time to travel to Cairo

Hello all,

Can you tell me what is the best time to travel to Cairo weather wise and money wise (cheapest time to travel when the flights are cheaper)

thx a lot

Manchester, United...
1. Re: Best time to travel to Cairo

The winter (November-February and the closer you can get to it.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
reviews: 152
2. Re: Best time to travel to Cairo

Winter is high season in Egypt because it is unbearably hot in summer. The prices in winter tend to be higher for that reason. Don't know about flights from the US.

Cairo would probably be OK until Easter but if you want to get out and see things (as opposed to hiding in an air conditioned hotel room most of the day) I strongly recommend avoiding the summer.

Look at wunderground.com for statistics.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
reviews: 31
3. Re: Best time to travel to Cairo

Hi Lord of travel

you have a question which is common to all visitors in Egypt

to get a good weather and GOOD price and avoid the heat which is indicated to you in the answer of Verity1 , then the best time is after the 15th of Jan to till 10th of March

this period is what we call here the LOW WINTER season, is away from peak period of Christmas and New year , or we can call it in other word a regular winter rate

Advise you to aviod completely the period between mid of end of november or start of December till the 15th of January as it is PEAK season, price jump up so crazy ,

ALSO regarding flight from USA , it is cheap in this period, as normally all people travel either before or during Christmas and new year, after new year and before of the Mid of March is known in our field of business as drop season in which not so many people travel for torusim as they would have already sepnd their holidays and they must go to work, so you can really get very very good and competitive rate for your flight, in USA i dealed with some travel agencies that really offered very good rate of flights from Los Angeles or San Francisco or many other parts of the USA for as good rate as about 800 Dollars more or less including tax, while if you go in peak season the cheapest you can get will be around 1200 US , so you can see the difference

in end of November is the best time to travel really in my point of view if you really want more specific dates but try to see how long you want to spend in Egypt and try to finish all before the 10 th of March so you do not fall into the high season of Easter that start from this date onwords till almost 15th or 20th of May

wish you a happy trip

Sterling, Virginia
reviews: 36
4. Re: Best time to travel to Cairo

Thx so much for all your replies.

My question is for the Egyption Guide - I tried looking for Airfare at Kayak.com for the dates you mentioned (between Jane and March) and the cheapest I could find was 1000. Is there any other place I could look for cheaper flights

thx

5. Re: Best time to travel to Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:51 am, October 06, 2006
Manchester, United...
6. Re: Best time to travel to Cairo

Unless you are on a package holiday, 1000 USD is quite OK for a return ticket. I doubt you could find anuything lower than that.

Check Alitalia. They usually have the cheapest prices.

As for the Egyptian Guide, I just want to bring your attention that the reference you just made to one of your business partners in the US is against the forum rules. Please, be very careful and draw a very clear line between your job as a professional guide and your voluntary role on the forum. I advise you to read the forum rules in case you forgot to do that when you signed up.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
reviews: 31
7. Re: Best time to travel to Cairo

Dear Darsh

first of all i know well the rules of the site, and i understand and seem that you are the one who miss understand , as when the owner of the post asked me to give him the way to get cheaper ticket and i KNOW that i get usually cheaper ticket, i did not want to mention the name of my agent there not to consider as advertise, and i asked him to contact me just for HELP TO HIM , in web pages you can not get the cheapest rate and i know it, you hafve to contact REAL companies that sell tickets especially if you deal to whole saler or agent for any airline, that is why i said what i said in the post that you removed, so i know well and i did not exceed the rules of the forum and i do not have any interst to give opinion for my sake i do it just for the gesture of HELP to others, i already have ENPOUGH work and enough clients in my office and i wanted to help others to make the image of my country better and better, and you can see all my posts that are almost coming close to 50 till now and you can judge your self, so please do not rush on judging others Darsh, i am not partner in the agent in USA or any thing and i do not get any commision from there if that was what may came ot the mind of any one who might have read it, at all and absolutely no , and i know well when i said the price in this period is around 800 to max of 850 include tax i know what i said, it is my experience for more than 11 years. sorry!!! and thanks for what you said

8. Re: Best time to travel to Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 21, 2009