We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels? Hotels? Hotels?

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Hotels? Hotels? Hotels?

Hello All Cairo travel experts! Im looking to head out to Cairo in March 2007. There are so many hotels to choose from that my head hurts. Im looking for a 5 star hotel (Marriot, Conrad, Hilton, Sheraton, etc..).

I was told it would be best to stay in the city, however I still cant choose a hotel. I really like the size of the Marriot in Salmakek (sp?), although I do not know if this is to far from all the tourist sightseeing. Is this hotel within walking distance to any of the sites? Or would a 20-30 min taxi be necessary each time I step out of the hotel?

The next choice I would guess the Sheraton, because I like the swim up bar. But how does this hotel compare to the Hitlon, or the Conrad? Based on distance to sights, amenities, facilities, etc..

Thanks for any info and advice!

Randy

UK
1. Re: Hotels? Hotels? Hotels?

Hello, Waiting2Roll,

There is a good choice of hotels in Cairo. I agree that staying centrally is best. My preference would be for Corniche El Nil hotels, on the strip running from the Grand Hyatt to The Nile Hilton. The Conrad Hilton is a suitable choice too. I am less keen on The Ramses Hilton, as it feels like it is right on top of the motorway, but it is very centrally located. Reaching the museum is easy, from these hotels...The Nile and Ramses Hiltons overlook it.

The Marriott (a former palace) and The Sheraton enjoy charming locations, but are a little further out. Crossing the bridges in busy traffic can take some time in a taxi. Walking is often easier, providing you master the dangerous sport of road crossing (not for the faint hearted). The Metro system is worth exploring.

Hotels are a matter of personal choice, but my favourites are The Four Seasons Nile Plaza and The Grand Hyatt. The Conrad has good reviews on TA. Check out the hotels on a map and shop around, as prices vary dramatically Good luck.

Maria

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt
reviews: 37
2. Re: Hotels? Hotels? Hotels?

Hello Randy,

All of the Hotels u mentioned are great. My favourite is the Marriott, purely because of the gardens. Cairo can be a hectic place and it is great to unwind in the evening in such a beautiful garden.

Ahhh a stella in the Garden Promenade Cafe back in two weeks to enjoy that again!

Taxis are cheap and it was easy to get to all the sights from Zamelek.

Check out the reviews on the hotels on the left hand side

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

There are some pictures too!

Good luck

Nefertari

ny
reviews: 16
3. Re: Hotels? Hotels? Hotels?

We stayed at the Marriott last week and loved it.

4. Re: Hotels? Hotels? Hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 14, 2009