We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire, England
reviews: 111
Just returned

I have just returned from a two week trip to Egypt, staying for three nights last weekend in Cairo.

We did not experience any problems at all, apart from the dreadful Cairo traffic (which has to be seen to be believed!)

There seemed to be more police about but the only show of strength was outside the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir Square. The road in front of the museum was full of tanks, at least thirty, a number of police vehicles. There were three check point to navigate through before finally entering the museum.

The outside coffee area is not open anymore, but other than that, it seemed like business as usual.

We had a great visit, staying at the lovely Hotel Longchamps, which I had booked from recommendations on TA. It was excellent and next time I visit Cairo I will certainly stay there.

sydney
reviews: 4
11. Re: Just returned

THanks

doesn't one need a password for blogspot?

Just tried - no access- guess you do..

thanks

brisbane
reviews: 32
12. Re: Just returned

No clueyvooton, simply copy and paste.... indianarowz@blogspot.com.... and WHAMMO! up she comes! No passwords, straight in.

sydney
reviews: 4
13. Re: Just returned

bravo!

brisbane
14. Re: Just returned

Lol :)

Lancashire, England
15. Re: Just returned

Thanks to all of you for your interest. I only meant it for my absent friends so I'm glad others have enjoyed it too.

San Francisco
16. Re: Just returned

I just started reading it and I am enjoying it. Very helpful and informative. Thanks a bunch Rowz.

Texas City, Texas
reviews: 8
17. Re: Just returned

I just stumbled on to this forum and it's great.

I am looking to take a Thanksgiving trip this year to Cairo, last year I went to Athens. I wanted to know is it "safe" for a single male to travel there? I have never been and really want to go.

Can you give me any pointers or helpful tips?

Thank you.

Lancashire, England
18. Re: Just returned

I can only speak as a having been a single female traveller so the experience is quite different!

However, I have always thoroughly enjoyed my trips, despite them being 'off the beaten track'. The people are wonderful and very welcoming, especially now.

Regarding safety, no one can guarantee that, you just have to be careful and aware of your surroundings.

If it helps, I have just returned from another amazing trip to this wonderful country and I'm already planning my next one!!

Texas City, Texas
reviews: 8
19. Re: Just returned

Hi and thank you for you're response. Yes, your message does help. I have a little mere research to do and I think I'm going to do it.

Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
20. Re: Just returned

Hi Unone

I tried copying and pasting that url but I get a message "windows explorer cannot open - check spelling"

I am planning to travel to Egypt and Jordan in Dec this year and would like to read this recent account.

cheers