We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My wife and myself have just returned from Egypt

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California, Maryland
My wife and myself have just returned from Egypt

My wife and myself have just returned from a magnificent and memorable trip in Egypt. The entire experience was truly memorable and an experience of a lifetime.

A little background for you:

We were initially considering either Turkey, Morocco or Egypt for our holiday

All travel companies in Malaysia had stopped selling Egypt because of the bad media coverage

Everyone had warned us not to go to Egypt as it was unsafe.

However at the end we decided to go to Egypt, because we knew that the media coverage was not fair. We knew we will be safe in Egypt.

And the initial experience that confirmed we made a right decision was the experience of dealing with local tour company highly recommended ( Mr. Solom) in preparing for our trip. Solom was very fast in his replies and his explanation. He offered us very good suggestions and tours that met our interests. His speed of response was even faster than our own travel agents based in my country!

The experience in Egypt with was magnificent, memorable, fun and of very good value because:

1. Amir ( tour guide in Egypt) was very good. He was full passion for Egypt and shared with us many insider experiences in Cairo, Alexandria and the Bahariya oasis. We had many memorable experiences with Amir. The experience in the Bahariya oasis was unforgettable. Even though we had some land cruiser engine problems in the desert……the experience here was the highlight of our trip. Problems are expected as you can never have a perfect trip. The hospitality shown by elsam (land cruiser driver) was fantastic. Amir is a very good guide and we are happy that we now have a new friend and “habibi” in Egypt.

2. The experience with guides Mr. Peter (in Aswan) and with Mr. Abdul( Luxor) was also very very good. They are very knowledgeable about the cities and temples and it was very educational to flow them through the tours. The experiences at Abu simbel and valley of the kings…..wow! fantastic! Both of them guided us at a very good pace and their hospitality shown to us was wonderful

3. The kindness and hospitality shown by Mr. Ehab (Ayman Boghdady) was also appreciated. His sense of humor was wonderful and we will remember eating a good local dinner at Luxor and a very nice kofta sandwich at Luxor train station with ehab. Mr. Ehab hospitality and service and the good experience at Luxor and Aswan is the main reason we will remember our experience in Upper Egypt.

4. The drivers that drove us around in the busy traffic of Egypt – Mr. Hassan in Cairo, the drivers in Aswan and Luxor, Mr Farouk in Alexandria Mr Eslam in the oasis. We thank you very much for your steady and safe driving. And also the airport representative that met us upon our arrival to Egypt. Thanks for making it so easy

5. They offered an experience of good value. You know their pricing is very fair, once you experience their service and hotels they use. But the things that sets them apart is the service. I have been in the hospitality business for 18 years and I know good and pleasant service when I experience it

The temples, sites and museums and everything in Egypt are magnificent. It is a living museum experience. The history and culture that is so rich and stunning.

But what has really made Egypt such a memorable experience of a lifetime is…..the people. The genuine hospitality and warmth of the Egyptian people is very, very remarkable. From the guides, the drivers, to the shop keepers to the restaurant staff to the porters, to the juice vendors to the children….to everyone in Egypt. The people of Egypt made the memorable difference.

I will recommend Egypt last minute (www.egyptlastminute.com) to all my friends and hotel guests.

From the bottom of our hearts, a big thank you to the people and guides and for sharing with us Egypt and for an experience of a lifetime.

Yours faithfully,

Peter Ben

21. Re: My wife and myself have just returned from Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, June 30, 2013
Edited: 3:05 pm, June 30, 2013
Colombia
22. Re: My wife and myself have just returned from Egypt

Yo también acabo de regresar de Egipto y coincido exactamente con todas sus apreciaciones. Como ustedes, nosotros también estuvimos en El Cairo, en el Crucero por el Nilo entre Luxor y Aswan y en el oasis de Bahariya. Aunque tuvimos otros guías distintos a los de ustedes, porque nosotros los necesitábamos en Español, ellos fueron verdaderos quías para nosotros. El personal del barco Tu Ya, en el crucero por el Nilo, especialmente amable, al igual que quienes nos acompañaron desde y hasta el aeropuerto en los trámites de ingreso y salida del país, también los conductores y en general la gente de Egipto nos hizo pasar unos días inolvidables. La situación política no la sentimos como turistas y en cambio, dado que el turismo se ha disminuido, pudimos contar con guías solo para nosotros y viajar en automóviles con conductores particulares a precios realmente muy módicos. En cuanto al clima, marzo es sin duda la mejor época para estar en Egipto. Gracias por su opinión, lo que usted escribe es realmente la verdad.

United Kingdom
23. Re: My wife and myself have just returned from Egypt

Very very interesting reading. Thankyou. My friend and I are planning to go to Luxor in September and this has answered a lot of our fears and worries about Egypt.

United Kingdom
24. Re: My wife and myself have just returned from Egypt

Very interesting reading. My friend and I are planning a holiday to Luxor in September and were wondering just what the place would be like, is it safe to walk about, are the locals friendly etc.

Mexico City, Mexico
reviews: 9
25. Re: My wife and myself have just returned from Egypt

Hi: we are a family of 5 [3 youngish kids] who returned 2 days ago and had absolutely no troubles whatsoever. [Except for aggressive touts following us around too much--that is.] We asked to see Tahir and the guide checked w/ the driver who scanned the area and approached to see if all was quiet. It was- so we circled the area in our minivan. Cairo/giza and the Nile cruise stops were great. The day we left, last saturday, we heard about protests [and later saw them on TV] but never saw them enroute to the airport. I hope everyone who travels to Egypt has as great and safe a time as we did. Enjoy!

Louisville, Kentucky
26. Re: My wife and myself have just returned from Egypt

I have been very pleased with the booking process. Excellent communication and response time. I will post again after the trip!

Fullerton...
27. Re: My wife and myself have just returned from Egypt

Thanks for your feedback, very interesting reading. we are planning some tours in September and this has answered a lot of our questions.

Cairo, Egypt
28. Re: My wife and myself have just returned from Egypt

Nice review

London, United...
29. Re: My wife and myself have just returned from Egypt

I really wanted to believe this couple – but in back of my mind – it can be all PR) for customers to return to Egypt. But if this report is true then good report.

NY
30. Re: My wife and myself have just returned from Egypt

Just returned from Egypt, nice trip overall, but imagine it to be unsafe for some.

Apparently, there is no such thing as the law as we know it.