My wife and myself have just returned from a magnificent and memorable trip in Egypt. The entire experience was truly memorable and an experience of a lifetime.
A little background for you:
We were initially considering either Turkey, Morocco or Egypt for our holiday
All travel companies in Malaysia had stopped selling Egypt because of the bad media coverage
Everyone had warned us not to go to Egypt as it was unsafe.
However at the end we decided to go to Egypt, because we knew that the media coverage was not fair. We knew we will be safe in Egypt.
And the initial experience that confirmed we made a right decision was the experience of dealing with local tour company highly recommended ( Mr. Solom) in preparing for our trip. Solom was very fast in his replies and his explanation. He offered us very good suggestions and tours that met our interests. His speed of response was even faster than our own travel agents based in my country!
The experience in Egypt with was magnificent, memorable, fun and of very good value because:
1. Amir ( tour guide in Egypt) was very good. He was full passion for Egypt and shared with us many insider experiences in Cairo, Alexandria and the Bahariya oasis. We had many memorable experiences with Amir. The experience in the Bahariya oasis was unforgettable. Even though we had some land cruiser engine problems in the desert……the experience here was the highlight of our trip. Problems are expected as you can never have a perfect trip. The hospitality shown by elsam (land cruiser driver) was fantastic. Amir is a very good guide and we are happy that we now have a new friend and “habibi” in Egypt.
2. The experience with guides Mr. Peter (in Aswan) and with Mr. Abdul( Luxor) was also very very good. They are very knowledgeable about the cities and temples and it was very educational to flow them through the tours. The experiences at Abu simbel and valley of the kings…..wow! fantastic! Both of them guided us at a very good pace and their hospitality shown to us was wonderful
3. The kindness and hospitality shown by Mr. Ehab (Ayman Boghdady) was also appreciated. His sense of humor was wonderful and we will remember eating a good local dinner at Luxor and a very nice kofta sandwich at Luxor train station with ehab. Mr. Ehab hospitality and service and the good experience at Luxor and Aswan is the main reason we will remember our experience in Upper Egypt.
4. The drivers that drove us around in the busy traffic of Egypt – Mr. Hassan in Cairo, the drivers in Aswan and Luxor, Mr Farouk in Alexandria Mr Eslam in the oasis. We thank you very much for your steady and safe driving. And also the airport representative that met us upon our arrival to Egypt. Thanks for making it so easy
5. They offered an experience of good value. You know their pricing is very fair, once you experience their service and hotels they use. But the things that sets them apart is the service. I have been in the hospitality business for 18 years and I know good and pleasant service when I experience it
The temples, sites and museums and everything in Egypt are magnificent. It is a living museum experience. The history and culture that is so rich and stunning.
But what has really made Egypt such a memorable experience of a lifetime is…..the people. The genuine hospitality and warmth of the Egyptian people is very, very remarkable. From the guides, the drivers, to the shop keepers to the restaurant staff to the porters, to the juice vendors to the children….to everyone in Egypt. The people of Egypt made the memorable difference.
I will recommend Egypt last minute (www.egyptlastminute.com) to all my friends and hotel guests.
From the bottom of our hearts, a big thank you to the people and guides and for sharing with us Egypt and for an experience of a lifetime.