We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aswan-Cairo-London Flight

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 12
Aswan-Cairo-London Flight

I will be travelling from Aswan to London via Cairo in February with Egypt Air.

Has anyone used Egypt Air flight MS91, which leaves Aswan at 6:45am, arrives Cairo T3 at 8:10am. Followed by Egypt Air flight MS777 which departs Cairo T3 at 9:20am and arrives London Heathrow at 12:35pm.

My reason for asking is that this only gives 1hr 10min to transit Terminal 3.

My travel agent was reluctant to book it for this reason. However, according to Egypt Air it is designated as a connecting flight and therefore should be possible.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has made this journey using these specific combination of flights.

Edited: 12:11 pm, January 06, 2013
London
1. Re: Aswan-Cairo-London Flight

Has anyone used Egypt Air flight MS91, which leaves Aswan at 6:45am, arrives Cairo T3 at 8:10am. Followed by Egypt Air flight MS777 which departs Cairo T3 at 9:20am and arrives London Heathrow at 12:35pm?

My reason for asking is that this only gives 1hr 10min to transit Terminal 3.

My travel agent was reluctant to book it for this reason. However, according to Egypt Air it is designated as a connecting flight and therefore should be possible.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has made this journey using these specific combination of flights.

Edited: 12:12 pm, January 06, 2013
London
2. Re: Aswan-Cairo-London Flight

Has anyone used Egypt Air flight MS91, which leaves Aswan at 6:45am, arrives Cairo T3 at 8:10am, followed by Egypt Air flight MS777, which departs Cairo T3 at 9:20am and arrives London Heathrow at 12:35pm?

My reason for asking is that this only gives 1hr 10min to transit Terminal 3 at Cairo International.

Edited: 12:14 pm, January 06, 2013
Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
reviews: 31
3. Re: Aswan-Cairo-London Flight

I would really be worried if there are 2 different airlines, but as both are Egypt Air ,so you will just change gates at Cairo airport terminal 3, and all depend that the first flight be on time , but any how it is Egypt air responsibility to do the connection for you and you should get the boarding for the 2nd flight from Luxor

it is very short time , but risky but if it is the only option you have then go ahead and do it

London, United...
reviews: 30
4. Re: Aswan-Cairo-London Flight

Hi there, I had similar concerns about a recent Cairo transit which was almost the reverse of your scenario. I was somewhat surprised to successfully make a 1hr15m Cairo connection through T3 - this was from an international flight, through immigration (including getting a visa) and then onto the Aswan plane. Good luck.

Cairo, Egypt
5. Re: Aswan-Cairo-London Flight

Egypt air will do looking after you but you have to check in your bags all the way to uk from Luxor

London
6. Re: Aswan-Cairo-London Flight

An update: Got home yesterday after a fantastic week in Aswan. Egyptiar flights were fine and the transfer went very smoothly. Aswan was peaceful with no signs of unrest. The welcome was warm like the weather and the locals as friendly as always.

7. Re: Aswan-Cairo-London Flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 26, 2014